WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoffagainorrhoea; There Aren't Enough Hours

Aitch's train back to Morpeth wasn't until early evening on Sunday, and we had people to see and things to do. I collected her from her B&B at about 0830h and gave her brekky in the carpark. Then, by nine, we were setting off toward Brechin Show Grounds to see a lot of doggies—and Nobby—participating in agility tests. (If you haven't seen his post on that, with the wee video I managed to capture, click here!) Here's a still...


... and one of the wider area to give an impression of how the place looked.


We saw teeny-weeny dogs, middling-sized dogs, and really quite big dogs all having the time of their lives—not necessarily following the orders, but definitely loving life! Whether some of the owners were quite so waggy-tailed might be up for discussion... I drew the conclusion that 'dog agility' required equal agility from the handlers - and that to 'have a good temperament' is probably just as important for the peeps as the pups!

It was lovely to see that at the rosette presentation, quite a few of the dogs seemed to know it was for them and were happy to carry the ribbons themselves, whether the owner wanted them to or not.

A latish lunch was enjoyed back at our vehicles. I was quietly thrilled that my two besties were finally meeting - and Nobby to watch over us, of course.

At about 1400h, Aitch and I took our leave and headed into the town of Brechin in search of some caches. It's an ancient place, built on the side of a steep hill, with some quaint streets and architecture...


The main focus of our visit was the cathedral. Sadly, it was closed so no internal inspection could be made, but the exterior was attractive enough. I would have liked to have seen the rose window with light through it, though...


Come back tomorrow to see the rest of the photos taken around this historic site, particularly the Round Tower.

Before leaving this spot, Aitch was in search of another part of her cache collection that involved a significant number of steps. I sat and waited...


... which was no hardship, for again, the day was warm and bright, and the churchyard was so peaceful. It didn't take long for my pal to be back, and then we traipsed uphill some more to reach the House of God ruins for another cache.



The front door made a better picture - it will be the last of the piccies in tomorrow's post.

Back down the hill and to the van, then a brief drive through town to get to the Caledonian Historic Railway/park, where further caching was completed. Then, the fifteen-minute drive back to Montrose rail station and a quick cuppa before farewells. 

I drove back to Kinnaber Forest and was parked and settled for the night by the time Aitch had boarded her train! What a wonderful three days we had and agreed that we must do this again before too long.

Meanwhile, back in The Grey... 


13 comments:

  1. I like dog agility shows. And yes, it's probably more work for the trainer than for the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobby and I were so thrilled to see you and 'Aitch' at the agility show
    Cheers! Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how great that nobby had the best cheerlesder for the big event... we like the church, we have a similiar in la trinite. and it was a medieval hospital too... maybe there is a connection? even the path to the church is nearly the same, that is a little mystery ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breakfast in the car park - a charming venue! I hope you had linen napkins and silver-capped salt shakers. One has standards, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yam - your 'Grey' is proving such an asset ... and wonderful you and Aitch get to spend these times together ... I look forward to seeing inside sometime - as you say the Rose Window would be delightful to see. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun to watch Nobby and Gail work together again! The cathedral and grounds are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad you included the pics of the wide view of the dog field, gives a good idea in my mind of what went on. I felt like I was there. the first photo of the road that goes between the quaint village, is one of the most appealing you have shown. I LOVE IT times 87... I just sat and stared. all of the stone today took me back to the 20 years of raising my boys, I read only Historical fiction novels, hundreds of them and all were about the UK, Scotland, England, London, and all the King Arthur books and Robin hood. these buildings take me back in time to what it was like in those books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos and interesting narration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful town to visit. We hope you can get back to the cathedral when it's open to see the stained glass window from the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    I would enjoy watching the dogs at the agility show. Beautiful photos of the cathedral. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be back tomorrow for more 👍

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cn almost hear the excitement at the agility show, and to see Gail and Nobby must have been a real treat.
    Wow...1267....so much life the cathedral has seen! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Agility shows are so much fun both for dogs and humans. One thing I miss here are ancient churches and their graveyards.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏