WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoturals; Handy Work

This is a slight skew on a Nature Friday posting. Yesterday, I shared some items from an exhibition of material sculptures by Ghana/Nigerian artist El Anatsui. 

Today, I share three images that intrigued me, and the theme is hands...




We spotted this tiny fragment of writing about hands among all the metal caps on one work. In what context is left to the imagination. I took Mac1's hand to give scale to the collage work, then caught the shadow of my hand as I expressed some thoughts to her about the metal pages on which we found this little mystery.




We both like to use our hands for creative works; in her case, it is embroidery, patchwork, quilting, etching, and printmaking. My part is mainly writing, photography, and crocheting. Then, there is the work of jigsaw puzzles! We each worked on both of these. The pieces, as you see, were challenging.



The turtle was the easier of the two insofar as it was completed in a little over an hour by myself and similar for Mac1. The fox, however, was an altogether more troublesome figure. Too many bits of the same(ish) colour. Mac1 completed in something of the order of four hours. I managed it in a little over three. Each was a delight and absorbing. Very different... and, I believe, being animals, perfectly suited to Nature Friday!





That only leaves me to remind you all that we are again facing the end of the month, and next week is also FFF!!!




2 comments:

  1. I watched some of the International Jigsaw Puzzle Competition in Spain yesterday and today. I do jigsaws to relax. Some were completing 500 piece puzzles in 20 minutes. I got a bit stressed just watching them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The puzzles are just lovely! Do you frame them? Best, /Fay

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏