WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoizikul; Midweek Musicalisms

Another name that had previously escaped my notice (though I wonder how, because I've loved everything I've listened to in searching for a share here!) is that of José António Carlos de Seixas (commonly referred to simply as Carlos Seixas), born on the 11th of June, 1704, in Coimbra, Portugal. I'm definitely adding this fellow to my playlists! So delicious were some of the very short pieces discovered, I am giving you two... first a regular harpsichord item, followed by a keyboard item transcribed for guitar, and a rollicking piece it is... what say you - are you a lover of the Baroque?


9 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Great to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this passion while playing... super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Baroque but I prefer the harpsichord to the guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bot are great selections, very talented musicians. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! A name new to me, but soon to become very familiar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a big lover of Baroque..and will definitely explore more of Carlos Seixas' music! TY Zhang's guitar playing is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this YAM I am a big fan of string instruments
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baroque, followed by the classical period are my favorite styles of music. This is a wonderful and a new name for me!! Imagine that!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏