WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menonday Art Vibe; Rocking It

There were a lot of works in this year's Annual Open Exhibition in Edinburgh which reflected, or were inspired by, nature. Some even brought nature right to the gallery floor and walls. This fellow's rocks had us all wanting to break the "please don't touch" rule! The ones mounted on the wall were so perfect it was almost hard to believe they were genuine stones. (As the general wall picture also features quite clearly two other paintings, I am including the captions for those also.) Mac1 and I (and many other folk) lingered quite long with these stones... it was not at all hard to imagine being on the beach with them.







11 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, those stones demand a touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love the art and the stones... to touch them would be great

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stones are really beautiful and it would be hard not to touch them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They demand the human touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh that stone with the blue is my favorite...
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. An interesting display of art made up of stones. I like the paintings too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen a display of stones like this. Beautiful. Interesting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stones, a wonderful collection. The River painting is beautiful. Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog posts continue to arrive in my reading list without any regard to date or time, YAM, and in a fanciful sequence impossible to fathom. There is a universal appeal to rocks, especially those that are worn smooth or otherwise weathered. I really must stop bringing them home! At the price of the art shown above, I will definitely not be bringing it home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog has started disappearing from my reading list (grrr) along with others so I'm doing some backing up... Stones need to be touched, they have souls or spirits too and should be nourished.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏