WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoturals; Nature In Art


Welcome to the last day of July! It is also a Friday, so it is the day that my own Final Friday Feature meme joins up with the LLB gang's Nature Friday! FFF is about sharing something just that little bit extra special, or curious, or revealing... something a bit out of the usual.



On Monday, I teased you with some artwork made by a couple who specialise in showcasing nature through their art. Mostly their items are on the larger scale, but this year they went for the more dainty. Do check out their website. These images tell you more.



This was provided in the very neat little presentation box in which my brooch was delivered... Yes! I bought one of the four. I really liked the one with the barnacles, but so did a lot of folk, and someone got there before me. I had three still to choose from, though, and am very happy with it, now sitting on the lapel of my jacket beside my National Trust membership badge. 

To clarify for those who may have been a little confused from Monday's post, the Eagle's Foot was not these brooches. It was an actual foot from a bird that had been killed. It is illegal to kill birds of prey in Scotland, which is why it was important for the signage to confirm this death had been investigated and ruled accidental (i.e. non-human intervention). The design of the brooches does rather give the impression of a claw, admittedly! Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of the whole exhibit, so that was a miss on my part. 




1 comment:

  1. A wonderful brooch. I applaud your choice, YAM, I know you will wear it proudly.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏