WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Adventures of Ducky 6939

Quaaaack! Hope you are all having fun. I want to share with you today pics from two different places that YAM-aunty and Aitch took me to visit. 

The ladies took a home day after the very big day when they found me and did the tour of Maelmin, Ford & Etal. That's when I got to explore the garden and watch them working yarn. Aitch had some social commitments, too. Then there was a spontaneous outing on the Wednesday, when Aitch suggested a trip to Wallington Hall and grounds. It was a very hot day and at that place there were a lot of very tall, very impressive and, importantly, very cooling trees, so it was an ideal place to go. Of course, Yamini will tell you a bit more about the place on Thursday, but let me show you the exterior of the building first. 


We didn't go inside, as we really wanted to wander the woodland path and around by the pond... where I got to meet some of my cousins! Mind you, they were rather busy sticking their tails in the air. I wasn't quite sure whether to be impressed or insulted!


YAM will show you the walled gardens later, but I want to share one more thing from Wallington that I thought was intriguing - wouldn't you just love to know what is behind that door?!


There was another day of 'homebodyness' the next day, and then on Friday the ladies took me to Northumberlandia. Again, you'll read more about that in YAM's post, but I will tell you that there were more ducks, lots of lovely wildflowers, and a great many insects of various kinds. Before taking the walk around, there was a bite of lunch at the community-run cafe...


Yamini muttered that she hadn't had toasties for yonks, and now she'd had two in nearly as many days! This one was good - but not a patch on the one she'd had at Etal. Filled a hole! Then I was taken up and round a spiral path to get a bit of a view of the countryside, before heading into the woodlands... it was a fine afternoon outing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏