WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoizikul; Midweek Musicalisms

Although there are not five Wednesdays in August, I am going to start with another guest piece chosen by Joni. Some 1920's classical jazz. It was to be part of the "fifth wheel" series, but there were only four months with five Wednesdays this year! So this was a "spare wheel" 😁 It also triggered a little deeper search on my part on this composer, so he is going to be showcased this month.

I admit that jazz is far from being my first choice in listening, certainly not for relaxing. However, I appreciate the musicality of it, and when it is of concert quality like this, then I give it due deference. The first item on the list is definitely challenging, but after a minute or so, it drops into "Blues" and then a lush "Tango" influenced piece... give it a go and tell me, yes or no?

5 comments:

  1. It was okay but not my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a very big fan of "Smooth Jazz" and "West Coast Jazz", both heavy on saxophone, trumpet and piano.. Classical jazz is a bit too discordant for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like jazz in certain moods. There's something quite joyful about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMCs AUNTY he is really tickling the ivory and ebony. Very talented fingers
    I love jazz a bit slower and mellow with Sax, guitar and piano.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏