Sharing with the LLB gang on Nature Friday, I bring you, first, the Common Blue Damselfly, aka as a Bluet...
One insect of which there was an incredible number was the Six-spot Burnet Moth. We had fun trying to get any kind of decent shot of these flutteries! Constantly on the move and often shifting away from full-frontal, it was quite the challenge. First I had a go at a group of them on the Ragwort, but they all shifted into shade.... can you see the four of them?
That single one on the clover was the most successful of the 87 (well... maybe fifteen) photos I snapped. This is one of those occasions when I think back to my glory days of a camera bag with a full SLR and interchangeable lenses to fit the needs of the shoot! Still, I think I do okay with my phone camera these days.
The next shot is another subject in shade... can you see the male sparrow under the cabbages? The Cabbage White Butterflies were very busy laying their eggs, and this wee fellow appeared to be having a banquet!
To finish, a Cardoon flower... these are a vegetable plant and a great attractor for pollinators... if you enjoy vegetables such as celery and globe artichoke, you will most probably appreciate cardoons, too. Even if you don't, I think it would be a hard eye that didn't love seeing these structural, statuesque beauties in a garden border!





oh the damselfly... it looks like a fairy somehow...
ReplyDeleteYou found lots of flying insects but the Cardoon flower is just gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThe sparrow feeding on the eggs of butterflies is a striking symbol of nature's ways. And then comes the cardoon as a consolation.
ReplyDeleteThe cartoon flower is wowsome!
ReplyDeleteThe blue dramselfly is just gorgeous....
ReplyDeleteMOL MOL bugging for once is about buggy insects. That was funny.
I seem to recall the one with red spots is a lantern bug maybe??? and a bit of a pest to some plants.
Hugs Cecilia
How beautiful!!!!! Next Friday, Rosy will be showing, what may be, a Cardoon flower, too!
ReplyDeleteAs you say, YAM, your posts appear in a random sequence that makes no sense at all, and I suspect I may have even missed a couple. I am glad to see that the insects caught your attention. At this time of year they are pretty much the focus of my life. Thank goodness for phone cameras. Miriam has the latest Google phone and is getting amazing results with it.
ReplyDeletethe photos are fantastic, I can't do that well with my phone. I wish I still had the slr and lens camera, but since I don't go out on photo shoots now, no reason to pay for one.. I did enjoy the macro and the long lens a lot. I am happy with the phone now... these are perfect to me
ReplyDeleteWhile I was studying agronomy, entomology was my favorite and most interesting subject, because insects are very important and very interesting creatures on our planet.
ReplyDeletePretty plants and flowers and captures of the insects. I see a cute sparrow too. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing all those creatures you found.
ReplyDeleteThat damsel is certainly a striking blue. I wonder what they liok like if we could see the ultra violet end of spectrum.
ReplyDeleteThat is joyful, YAM! I am so happy for digital cameras. No more taking 12 or 24 photos and hoping for the best! Take care! XX
ReplyDeleteI wish we could all embrace weeds and bugs more. Tigris, Styx, and Lanie too
ReplyDelete