WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Adventures Of Ducky 6939

Quackity, quackity, quackity...QUAck!! 

Well, peeps and pets of Blogville, it has been fun... but this is it; this is the end of travels with YAM-aunty. After that rather fine visit to the Weaver's Cottage, Y told me that August had arrived and it was time she was back in Dunoon. So the final part of my adventuring with her was to face a ferry trip. Hettie the Hielan' Coo was there to reassure me that we were really all quite safe. (Why worry, thought I... the plastic duck with full buoyancy...)


I have to say, I didn't mind that, not at all. I got to ride up front of the van for a change (having spent most of the trip hitched to the Rolls-later and pretty much blind folded).  What a pretty part of the Bonny Land this is. Y had a go at getting me and the background together. Focus wouldn't comply... so here's a two-for-one deal.



























Once we were over the other side of the water, Y parked on the shore road, and we sat and enjoyed the view. It was rather fun that I got to see The Waverley, the last ocean-going paddle steamer in the world.  It was a pretty thing, compared to some of the ships on the channel (although I heard Y muttering about utility and purpose and stuff like that...)


Anyway, dear readers, it is time to say goodbye - at least from this blog and this part of my greater adventure. YAM-aunty will have, by the time you read this, planted me somewhere near the foot ferry terminal (which is the town centre) so that I can wait for someone else to find me and carry me away... those of you who visit the book of faces can keep following, if that's your interest. 

I had one last cuddle with Jess the Aussie Collie and Orville the Ovine... Cheeri-oh, and thank you all so much for your lovely comments and for supporting me along the way. Onward!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏