COMMENTS: If, this morning, the problem with not being able to comment on each other's blogs is continuing, and further to my etherwobblies emergency post yesterday, please note that the issue has been raised with Google/Blogger, and an official thread is now open. You can log a vote for "I have the same question" to add to the complaint numbers... even better, if you can, leave a comment with your experience and which browser/s you use/d.
I'm baa-aack (AND SO ARE COMMENTS!) Okay, confession, and probably no surprise, there was very little stitching undertaken during the hiatus. It was a hot and sticky summer, even in Dunoon. Not conducive to working with yarns. Even cotton ones...(ugh... that turquoise number is well on the back burner now...) As for the Lorinda jacket that I was working on while staying with Aitch, I am finding the bottom-up construction...interesting. The sleeves were worked as rounds (magic loop on circulars), then knitted into the main body at the start of the yoke section...
...it is much further on, but still unfinished. I hope to bring you better results next week, as I am focusing only on this project at the moment.
Meanwhile, the video I was watching appeared in my viewing list through the algorithm, and I think you might enjoy it too. The presenter is a professor emerita in psychology but has this fantastic side hustle with her 'Eweniversity'! I've checked out a couple of her other posts and am now hooked! Here's the one I was watching... Happy stitching, whatever your project!


Truly Beautiful, Thanks for the video.
ReplyDeleteHi Yam - thanks for your notes re the 'comments' problem ... now back thankfully. That stilt video is great - love the moans about the weather ... admiration for them!! Enjoy your Lorinda jacket progress - the green is gorgeous. Cheers Hilary
ReplyDeleteWinter is approaching, you say
ReplyDeleteKnitting is not easy in the hot summer months - not working with it and not having the heavy sweater resting on your lap.
ReplyDeleteComments are possible again. A mutual welcome back to all of us!
ReplyDeleteDon't knit anymore, but still enjoy crochet. With yarn and with thread for doilies. Doing some winter scarves now for the Salvation Army. The days that are too hot to go out.
ReplyDeleteKnitting is such an intricate art!
ReplyDeleteVery thankful the freaky Friday gremlins were banished from blogs. I could not comment on any blogs yesterday.
ReplyDeleteThank you for you sleuthing it was most appreciated as I thought is was just me.
I do love that shade of green...warm and fallish
Hugs Cecilia
Wenn sich der Sommer langsam verabschiedet, dann kontrolliere ich meine Wollvorräte und überlege, was ich im Winter häkeln oder stricken könnte. Ich habe seit Jahren keinen Pullover gestrickt, sondern meist Socken oder Schals. Ein Pullover wäre eigentlich mal wieder schön.
ReplyDeleteI love the color of the yarn you're working with. That was a fun video. I'd never heard of the stilt walking shepherds.
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the video, The jacket is coming along, I love the yarn color.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Glad the comments are working again.
ReplyDeleteHow disruptive and anxiety provoking that was, LOL! We arwe so addicted to our blogging!
Those stilt yarn working shepherds! Wow...not for me thank you very much.