But nothing quite beats opening up in the morning to scenes like this...
To be fair, most of the time it is overcast and probably raining, too, but on the whole, the weather this year has been kinder (although, as we all know, it's also worrying, the tropics arriving this far north...)
I didn't only stay in the main town. For one week, I drove a bit further down the peninsula to Innellan and parked right on the shore in a wee community park. That was rather fabulous and much more peaceful.
There were a lot of photos and links and memories of the trip to sort out, so most days I was working on getting the blog posts working as you have found them. Sadly, I had let the knitting sit unattended for some time, but a couple of weeks ago I did pick it up again... As Saturday Stitches is back and running, you will know by now (as will I) whether the cardigan got finished!
There were some spectacular sunrises, though sunsets tended to be clouded over... particularly during the eclipse. Very disappointing, because I had a prime viewing spot, had it been clear. Instead, the clouds just got thicker and thicker and thicker... sigh... so yes, the world went dark, but not because of the moon boistering the sun.
I did get up to the Hutch, eventually...
The Waverley was having a good time with all this not-raining weather, and appeared to have capacity loads each trip out. As it tours the Clyde Estuary, it does stop in at various harbours, including Dunoon, enabling visitors to walk the prom and visit the Castle Gardens... so that is where I 'planted' Ducky 6939, in the hope that one or other visitor will spot her and whisk her off on yet another stage of her great adventure.
Tomorrow, Hettie will bring you lots of lovely nature views from our wee part of Scotland's Secret Coast, but let me end today's post with another etherwobbly whinge. As I typed this today (two weeks before you read it), after a system update last night, I found that at the start of each paragraph, I have to retype my first word because the system is now 'eating' whatever I first put...😶 Not only that, but for reasons it alone can know, in the drafts listing, it has chosen to rename my 'menoizikul' posts and label... What the actual....??!! When I preview the posts, they appear to show correctly, so it will be interesting to see what happens when they go live... I'm pretty sure that this and the late delivery of posts is all part of the ever-creeping influence of the arsehole artificial mental thing... (am I becoming a GOW? [grumpy ol' wummin])





your land is so wonderful ... and we look forward to hetties gallery tomorrow..
ReplyDeleteAmazing series of photos. Greetings.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful views, skies and photos! Take care, enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful skies and the rainbow is always a gift!
ReplyDelete