WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menocausal [men-oh-coz-ul]; the condition of sitting in truth


Okay, so it has been established that menosoup is not the most fun time in life for any woman.  (MEN - don't think you are immune, but I'll get to that another time.  If I remember.)

It is not all doom and gloom however.  Certain things take place at a deeper, subtler level which must surely be seen as positive.

...oh yeah?  Like what YAM?

Finding oneself.  Think about it.  How many women of a 'certain age' do you know who take to various methodologies of inner searching?  Of course there are those who just don't want to open the box.  Those who try to turn back the years instead of embracing the grace of maturity.  I was guilty of this a bit myself to begin with, so I know what I'm talking about.

If one has always been based in a centre of honesty, though, this doesn't last for long.  For many women, it is also the time of the 'empty nest' and a chance to rediscover talents once cherished in youth, or to nurture those which have been waiting to flourish.

There's a sort of crone-age rebellion that happens for many, letting out the inner hippy.  Trouble is many don't remember even what that actually means.  Throw some colour about, take up yoga stretching (...tai-chi, chai-tea or wherzmaknee),  hang a crystal or three, pink-stripe the boy-cut hair.  That'll do.  Oh let's not forget to have at least two vegetarian meals a week.  Fifty is fun.  Well yes it is my dears and all power to you!

Something I have come to recognise, though, is that in our Western (read UK/Aus/US and maybe Euro too) society, the tradition of aging appropriately has become so distorted, indeed forgotten, that majority of the searching proves unsatisfactory.  There's always something missing.

This is where we hit a subject that can divide audiences.  How deeply does anyone really want to search?  I will leave you considering that each for your own selves.

From here I can only share my own view.  The deepest search is the only valid search. Absolute transparency of being is the goal.  The transparency that ensures I am at one with creation.  Release of the spirit from it's confinement in the physical.  Knowing that in transactional world everything one does or says comes from a place of truth.  Even this right here in front of you.

YAM! Kya? Where's the fun?

Ah well, seeking to sit in truth lends itself to some interesting contortions as one has to 'clean out the cupboard'.  You're getting some of the stuff that's been sitting on the shelves of my being.  Sometimes that will be hilarious.  Other times rather serious.  Always, I hope and pray, leaving you with something to chew upon during your day. Or at least for a minute or two.

If I occasionally cause you to ponder the deeper (or more ridiculous) elements of life, then I have been successfully menocausal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏