WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoloopal [men-oh-loo-pal]; the condition of being sent mental


This is the day I let off a bit of steam about some case of ignorance, stupidity or just plain absurdity.  I leave you to decide which category best fits.

"Don't be stupid woman, cats can't cry!"

I actually had Arr say this to me when Jasper was grieving.  You'll read about that elsewhere.  What I want to whinge about here is that a good friend of mine, who interacted regularly with the J-cat, could have said such a thing.  I took him severely to task on the matter.

It had never dawned on me that anyone can enjoy the companionship of another creature, laugh and play with it, yet believe it has no feeling.  At least not anyone I knew.  There are plenty hard-hearted nincompoops in the world but I have, in the main, been able to avoid those sorts of folk.  I have only loving, caring, altruistic, all-for-one-and-one-for-all types of connections.  Maybe one or two nitwits and leg-pullers.  But no nincompoops.

"Well," I said, "not in the teary way you and I would weep, that's true, but grieving he definitely is."

"Nonsense, he's just missing the teasing she gave him."

"Hah! There you see - if you can admit that he is missing something, you are admitting feeling."

Oh, Dear Reader, I will not bore you with the whole conversation.  Suffice to say it had me a bit menoloopal for a while.  After a week of seeing the changed behaviour and finding that he was no longer a favoured 'uncle' by Jasper (shh, don't tell but every man who entered the premises was a 'favoured' uncle to Jassie!), Arr edged a little more my way and we were still on talking terms when I left Sydney.

We didn't exchange e-ddresses though, so I'm safe telling you about this.  Men can be loopalable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏