WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Emm-embrance

What - no Meno title?!

No… this is a special occasion day.  Aitch has been mentioned quite a lot of late but at the start of things you will recall I wrote of Emm - my 'other sister' in OZ.  I have world family you see.

Today is Emm's birthday.  We were born the same year (as was Aitch - vintage stuff we are!!) and have a similar sense of the ridiculous.  This has helped us each in turn, through some very rough patches.  If one is tripping, the other one catches.  If one is short on plot, the other hatches.  If one is undone at the seams, the other stitches.  Doesn't mean it always works.  But  we have the ability to agree to disagree too.  Essential in any lasting relationship.

It is interesting to look at this little triumvirate.   Aitch has always been inclined to the minimal talking, max watching.  Emm is inclined to talk then retreat.  YAM falls somewhere between.  A balance is struck and it works well.  For us anyway. (Not that we can't all talk at once when the occasion calls for it!!!!)

Aitch and Emm have not yet met in person, being hemispheres apart and longitudinally challenged.  YAM is the moving apex of the triangle.  Each has an investment in me but each also has the ability to just let me be me.  It occasionally bites me that I cannot have us all close together - but then maybe that is why it works.  The space between keeps the ribbons taut.

What I do know is that to have been blessed with two spare sisters who mean every bit as much to me as the two blood-born ones is a prize I would wish for everyone.  Indeed, I hope that many reading this will relate.

So it is with the warmest, heartfelt wishes that I give a public shout out to 'me mate' Emm in OZ... Emmember this???


Emm's 50th - Bollywood Breakout!!! (That's Emm, behind YAM,
with the hands in the air...)
  YAM xx



4 comments:

  1. Thanks my didi for your wishes. Did not know you had all these pictures. Specially from the exhibition. Interesting, cos I am back to doing mandalas again. And that was my 49th by the way. Didn't we have a ball. You look so stunning in your red saree. And even though I have not met Aitch, seems like I have. More incentive for a Scotland visit. In the next few years.
    I must say you have high teas in Scotland and bollywood in aust. Can't ask for much better than that.
    Thanks once again. Maybe it is the d day I start my blog. Will c .
    Love and light and hugs hugs hugs.
    Mah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    ...really? 49th? %< Me-no-emmember!! It was fun though. Hugs back. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely post, Yam. Our sisters are priceless and irreplaceable, whether born or acquired en route through life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Thank you Perpetua-ji and so true!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏