WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menozplorer (men-oz-plor-er); exploring one's DownUnder residence during meno!

Were you waiting with baited breath?  Ready for the next instalment from the Edgeworth David "exparkdishun"?  You better be!!

Today I'd like to share a little  more detail.  A close up if you will...

Here we see a Stringy Bark Eucalypt and an angophara trunk standing close together. 

Delightful textures.  Their fallen leaves, as with many Australian trees, crunch under one's feet and up drifts a wonderful aroma.










The Sydney Blue Gums are a firm favourite around these parts...

Amongst the gums, they are one of the tallest-growing.  Given the right conditions, they also grow the straightest and their wood is strong and pliable.

The bark always reminds me of skin.

Can you see why?


Here are two - one most definitely the elder and the other, perhaps, it's apprentice.

"Right lad, stand straight, stand tall, 
look neither up nor down nor fear fall;
up, that's the place, face always up
seek Sun and with your arms like a cup
let it's heat and it's light nurture...
thus you will have the long future."










Forget not the small stuff...














No, this is not the same water dragon as last week.  This is the other end of the park and they are territorial.  Besides, the striping from the eye and over the 'ear' is individual.  There is variation in skin colour also.

A regular walker who watched me take this shot said he had seen five dragons along the creek and one day saw them fighting!  They are all large it seems.

Last today, though far from least, one of the darling ducklings who has become independent of mama duck.






Crikey - you'll know this place as well as me by the time we're finished here!!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place, and I love Independent Duckling. Not so sure about water dragons, but they are certainly interesting critters.
    Your Sydney Blue Gums remind me of the Arbutus trees on the British Columbia coast. They always look like their skin is peeling.
    Well, once again, Dick and Lindy are ahead of me in the sleep department, and I don't think I'm going to be up until midnight either. My health is improving somewhat, but I'm still very tired.
    Hoping to go out for lunch with friends tomorrow if I'm healthy. TTFN
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Thank you Kay. I do hope you are truly on the 'upper' and that you can enjoy your socials as the festive season takes hold. I saw your comment to Jenn about the temp.

    eeeekkk! Yx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏