WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoshoogle; rubbing shoulders for support

Thank you to everyone who commented yesterday - for those who are interested, there is research being done in UK to produce blood synthetically. It is not likely to remove the need for donations (at least in the common blood groups), but it is a big move forward if it proves to be useful. For overview report, read here.

There is much I am not able to do myself, so am always glad to support those who can and are doing... serious support is available, but also am pretty good at seeing the funny side of the coin. It can be a little difficult, sometimes, to know where to pitch things between those two markers - particularly when not physically present with someone and especially across borders, across oceans and across cultures.

Mostly, though, it works. On Wednesday, the Menokakkul post was the mirth-filled side of the struggle with weight. This is something I definitely have to laugh at, for no matter what I do, since menopolyxinaemia hit, even chewing a blade of grass turns to adipose tissue on me. Things are, of course, hindered by restricted mobility. However, I do need to get moving a bit more and the recent sojourn over in Edinburgh proved that I can up the ante without coming down a cropper!!! Since I returned to Dunoon, I have been round the block but three times, (pouring felixes and canids preventing more), and in the flat, have taken up Dogasthenics again after a long forgetfulness.

....what?... oh, Dogasthenics? I wrote about that a couple of years back. Angel Jade and Jasper cat were past masters at static stretching. All of you in Blogville will have some idea of this - but how many put it fully into action? Let me hand over to Jade for a repeat instruction;

**************************************************************************************************************
The Pose of Contemplation






























**************************************************************************************************************
I stretched every morning with my girl... and maintained it right up until I got to UK, nearly two years ago. The routine here got tossed and turned and ripped apart; but really there is no excuse for not incorporating this regime again. 

There is nothing to prevent this being used as a warmup/cooldown with exercise either... jus' sayin'!



4 comments:

  1. Well, I certainly understand the eat a blade of grass and gain 5 pounds diet. Seems like that sometimes. Also, love your attitude about finding the humor in things. That has always been my philosophy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we will follow your instructions Jade , maybe it helps to avoid the next sessions at the PT ...that sounds like a good morning ritual :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to stop and stretch, for me. This am. Buster was starving, and went after Dorah. Yowls of complaint at 6 a.m. make me run! Last night, there was more fooferaw when Pickles, the stranger cat visitor popped in. Annabelle took care of that forthwith. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great advice from Jade there. I am going to start training Gail.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏