WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoffagainorrhoea; Road Trip...of Castles and Harbours

As Aitch and I drove out of Alnwick, we quickly settled on the 'scenic route', down the coast. Before long we were passing through the amazing town Warkworth... but then every place was amazing to my eye, so perhaps rather than too many words, had better let the piccies do the talking! You know, that thing of a thousand words...












































The river is the Coquet. Warkworth behind, salmon weir part way along (much enjoyed by sea birds), and the little port town of Amble ahead of us. You all know by now that the YAMster is rather fond of all things sea-faring...
































































11 comments:

  1. Wow! Would love to have been there!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, awesome series. I love the view of the castle. Enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is how I imagine that part of the world in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures definitely tell a story. I love the first one with the castle looming up on the hill and those birds on the water - the detail on the water is truly amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do have the best harbour in the world but sadly no castles.
    Merle...............

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari Om

    Beautiful photo essay!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could visit this castle.... and I could add a small stone from the castle to my collection... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the wooden carving. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much beauty and so varied. That carving is fantastic.
    See, I am gradually catching up with your posts. Forgive me for being so tardy but I blame old age. xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏