WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menopolynarian Monday - Juggling Duties and a Badge or Two

ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... the YAMster's in a bit of dizzy. There are things to organise.

Firstly, there is the BAR. "The what?" did I hear someone ask?  The Blogville Awsome Retreat. Now, it is acknowledged that not all readers here are 'living' in the suburb of 'Blogville', and that's just fine. I'sa traveller, I mix and mingle all over the place. However, as in 'fleshville', one does find there are areas where one spends a bit more time, has a bit more connection, becomes more engaged.

Blogville, (for the few who are lost), is an area of the etherwebs mostly populated by dogs and cats, with the odd rabbit, bird and a crab or two thrown in for good measure. They have put their peeps 'under the influence' and got them to write blogs on their behalf.

Thankfully, the furry ones have also permitted their peeps to interact behind the screens and thus the BAR is being raised so that everyone - human and pet - can meet for real, 'in the furs'!

Thus, I find myself with only six weeks left to get rather a lot prepared before I head for the United States of America... then on up into Canada. Most of the important arrangements are in place - a few things to finalise. However, it is not just the trip that needs organising. This means having to make sure the bloggies are loaded up ahead of time (teaching blog especially - the photoblog is done through to July already...this one will just have to take its chances!) Before departure, there is the small matter of getting a joiner in for repairs to the bathroom roof which fell in last year; there's the getting of the car serviced and road-authorised; and there's the father's 80th birthday on the day before I fly. Just keep breathing YAM, just keep breathing...

Then there's another thing. It was sheer fluke that one of my first followers was Deepak of Mumbai Daily - and his dog Bozo had a blog. I got to meet Bozo and his furmily before I left India. By that time, intrigued, I followed a couple of links from comments and before I knew it had found Bertie and then Goose and then the Doodz, Murphy and Stanley.  I became 'aunty' to all these wonderfur critters. When the Doodz got elected to Mayorship and they invited me to take up the Office of Wellness and Concerns, I was thrilled.

It has been an incredibly fun and rewarding time; but now the other matter requiring some attention and concentration is that Blogville is embarking on the next round of campaigning for Mayoral elections. There are three candy-dates; Christmas, Lexi and Arty. It is early days and there are going to be lots of debates and activities set up around the hot-air-fest campaign. All candy dates will be given a fair hearing.

That said, there comes a time when one must show one's colours. Of course, one could remain anonymous and silent; however, it seems to me that the clear contender is our one and only ARTY!!! He has the longest residency, he has been close to those with pawlitical experience in the current administration, he has a clear vision of what Blogville is all about.

ARTY FOR MAYOR!!!

11 comments:

  1. I haven't even started on the whole getting ready for BAR yet. It is too far away lol! For me, it is just a week off. Our biggest problem is sorting out how we all fit in the car, with all our stuff, until we get to the RV. We are also leaning toward Arty for Mayor, but since we jus met Lexi want to spend a little more time before showing our colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Oh I agree that all must be given a proper hearing - and I hope that there will be visitations from all the candy-dates to all their constituents so that we get the fullest pik-chewer pawssible; but I will take some pawsuading to change my allegiance! Yxx

      Delete
  2. I would so love to go to the BAR but I hate riding in the car. It would be about 15 hours and I think I would be too stressful plus I also have issues with meeting new people. I get along with dogs much better. But I look forward to reading all about it. I know you and all that attend will have a blast. Thanks for stopping by and wishing me a happy birthday.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Blush* Oh Aunty Yamini, I am so honored by your endorsement and Mama and I cannot wait to meet you at the BAR!!
    Big Smileys!
    Arty (and Mama too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My you are a busy lady, like to travel a bit, have a good time.
    Merle..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm truly impressed that you are loaded up with blog posts through July. Unfortunately, I am a last minute girl. For example the one I posted today - I composed at 6:30 this morning. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. WE sure wish we were able to go to the BAR but mom is getting our pic ready to send and Angel Greta's too
    Yay for your support of My guy ARTY!!!!
    hugs
    Mabel
    Bailey & Hazel too

    ReplyDelete
  7. You forgot teddies!

    Brom from Norway!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Oh no I did - do forgive me Brom!!! Yxx

      Delete
  8. Hello, the BAR sounds like a lot of fun! Sounds like a busy but fun time! Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could jump in your suitcase to travel to bar with you... but sadly only flat-easy will get a ticket for the plane to meet you all in june :lo)

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏