WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Me-Now-Views; Less Speak More Peek

This little sequence holds its own story!  These are Jackdaws. They pair for life - and that lifespan is around five years. They are equal-ops pairs too, both the male and female take part in home building. This pair appear to be nesting either in our chimney, or in one of the trees behind the building. They are always on this roof creating some entertainment for me!


























































































6 comments:

  1. Changed his mind about house building, did he.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do hope they are nesting nearby then you'll get to see the babies!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari Om
      this very evening, there was ENORMOUS ruckus outside the window as Mr and Mrs chased off a much larger hooded crow - whom I suspect would have been after eggs or chicks... I think the nest must be on our chimney because I occasionally hear stuff falling down the flu!!! I suspect I shall be over at the BAR when Junior fledges... oh well... Yxx

      Delete
  3. Don't you just love them? We had a pair of Willy wagtails nest in our outside shade umbrella (it's huge and a fixture) last year. They raised 3 babies. Such a delight to watch. Stupid Mum forgot to take pictures. She was so busy watching them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that they spend their whole life together... and I bet it is fun to watch them... the right one in last photo has the same hairstyle like dad's rival Rod lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crows are so bad to other birds! Much fun seeing nesting!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏