WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menor YAMster aka The Hutch

Having driven back to the Hutch from Edinburgh a week past Wednesday, I walked in and something inside me up and twisted.

"Shift furniture!!!" it yelled at me.

Good grief. I was tired and hungry, but I pulled stuff into the centre of the room. Well, I piled the cushions and covers and stuffies in the centre. Then the loveseat got shifted. Followed by the television. Then my 'armchair', which rejoined to its twin, the two-seater. The three-seater just had to stay put. The healing wrist protested at that one.

Anyway, it took till bedtime of the following day for it to reach (almost) completion. Bringing the computer desk and chair through from the spare bedroom actually works fine and makes life a whole lot comfier for working.

A couple of images then a little movie. Other images will turn up another day. The vid-clip was taken on the PandS - which is actually a mini-me Fudge. The Fudge did the rest, including one of the mini-me PandS...


It really isn't great in photography terms, but it does record memories. See if you can spot the 'midge smudge' in the vid-clip! Am using Blogger's own uploader for this, so apologies for small size.




16 comments:

  1. What a cheerful arrangement. I like the chair added to the couch area. YOu can sit straight or put your feet up and lean back. Well done. Your Tree has the perfect location too. Well done...I must ask...did you stop to eat before bedtime.
    LOL
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS forgot to say how very very very very x 87 much I love your wall paper giving you a pop of color and cheer.
    Reminds me our our dining room/kitchen paper except my red is a tad more burgundy red with green leaves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari om
      ...had to think then realised you meant in ths Hutch and not the blog! To be honest, I would never pick that paper, preferring plain walls. However, it was already in place and as am sitting it with mostly at my back, it has grown on me!!!

      As to food, yes did have to sustain myself! Yxx

      Delete
  3. I love everything and you have a packed
    house full of animals.
    An elephant on the settee with little mice by the window.
    It all looks comfortable and cozy, I'd like a nap now.

    xo Astro Mitzie and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has fermented some time in your subconscious! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great to us. Mom loves that bay window. And the wall of framed articles is a very nice touch. Thanks for sharing. We hope you did not pay for all that hard work the next day.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I loves it! I would looooves to take a snoozie on your couch! It looks so comfy! I sure hopes your wrist is okay after all that manual labor!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks quite comphy and I would be comfortble there.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done... that looks fabulous and we love the wonderful colors what give you some power during the cold and gray days... what said your wrist after all that work?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ehm, is it just me, but it looks very similar when I was staying with you back in 2014. Mind you, you might have changed it around several times since then of course and now gone back to sort of how it was. Well, apart from the seat by the window, can't remember that one. It looks nice and comfy though. Regardless...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari Om
      It is the first rearrangement since I moved in... the only two things in the same place are the large sofa section against the long wall and the two-seater section along the back wall - which has now had the 'armchair' section added to it to make as long as the other. That seat was originally where the computer desk and office chair are now. The loveseat was where the telly and flower stands are now and the telly was where the piled up tables are now. Admittedly, the big sofa/s I inherited with the unit are rather dominant... but am stuck with them!!! Yxx

      Delete
  10. I am amazed you could move all that alone. I can't move anything without help. bob refuses to help because he is a male and does not want anything moved ever. our furniture is sitting where it was 29 years ago when we moved in. you did a good job. great idea to put computer desk in the room where it is. looks comfy and cozy from here... love your wall paper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes it gives the soul a lift to rearrange and feel like things are new
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cozy and welcoming. Really like the big window area. It is dreary here today with high winds. That's just what late fall and winter is here in our little part of the world. namaste, janice XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so lovely! We rearranged our living room this past year, after being here 8 years. It made such sense. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner!!!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏