WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoxploratory; well isn't this exciting?

I am starting this post from the YAMroid!!! First time ever trying this. You'd think it would be the same as from Voovoo the Vaio, but no. Android operations make things quite different. The main thing is that one cannot simply open up every page one wishes to access on the one screen. Blogger is one task, but the tubular is another and mail is another. Having to close screens to go between them is annoying.

Anyway. Am not going to ramble at this point. I just want to experiment now with uploading an image - which has also been processed entirely through my new set up, of which more after this... it took me 87 hours quite several minutes to work out how to access it. Turns out the gallery is hidden behind the option of 'documents'. Sigh.

My office chair with the addition of the COOshun, a gift from Mac2.
Notice all the cabling going on behind...

Now, I notice that this has used up quite a bit of YAMroid's juice, so I need to get a lot more clever and quicker if I intend to do any posting from OZ... that's what this is all about you see...

Random pic from YAMroid's gallery.
Really look like I know what I'm doing, right?
You will recall I lamented not having Voovoo with me on the last visit to the father (or maybe you don't, who cares, right?). I am hopeless at tapping the screen keyboard and the whole 'one at a time' opening and shutting of blog pages makes my morning rounds twice as long and something of a chore rather than the fun it oughtta be.
Therefore, as am planning to travel with only the YAMroid to the Great Down Underparts, and it is for two months, I needed desperately to think outside the 7"x4" and that is when I remembered I had the little Bluetooth keyboard (11"x4.5"). It works a treat for typing at least, so emails and comments should be less of a trial.

The thing was, though, I thought it would be nice to have a mouse, too. I could have ordered a whole new Bluetooth unit for that but was stopped in my tracks when thinking that if I wanted to post pictures from the Hisstix I also had to do something different for that... it was all getting a bit overwhelming...

(This next bit is being prepared on Voovoo as the YAMroid gasped...) A card-reader with micro USB would be necessary, a converter for USB to micro USB would be necessary, the possibility of plugging in a second USB was starting to show up as necessary. I just didn't want all those extra little bits of equipment. I'm getting absent-minded remember!

Enter the Inateck Hub.

YAMroid sits on Voovoo's lovely blue textures whilst it goes into training...

Unbeleiva-hub-le. A little black pill for all most headaches. Plug and play OTG (on-the-go) technology is the best! That said, it wasn't all plain sailing. While the pocket mouse plugged and worked immediately (woohooooooooo, navigation of YAMroid just got a bit magic), after plugging in one of my backup flash drives I discovered it has been wiped clean. Turns out Android will reformat any storage device that does not meet its criteria. My other stick was okay - but then I didn't try to access anything from YAMroid in that one. I will be taking an entirely new flash drive with me to OZ for backing up. Also had to work out which cables, if any, could work more than one task and whether I need more than one converter plug. I discovered I had an old charger lead from OZ which will do for the camera battery charger. Anyway, for a good while last Thursday I was up to my eyeballs in cables and leads - hence that background spaghetti mess in the first photo!

Then there was the bit about photographs and how to work 'em... I return to that topic on Monday...

➿➿➿➿➿➿

16 comments:

  1. oh my Word!!!! this is crazy. I do know android is another whole animal and have never tried to create a blog because I knew it would be a horror... I create on desk or laptops. I can't image how hard this is. just getting the photos into the droid is mind boggling. unless of course you only post what photos you take with the tablet. try using the droid camera and see if that is easier.. save the camera pics for when you get home... I am now thinking imight have to try the silly droid... it really is a crazy contraption. good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      hehehe I knew this post would grab your attention, Sandra! the YAMroid only has a 2mp camera so the quality is abysmal - I mean truly - except, possibly for selfies - not something I tend to do which explains the expression in that shot up there... Yxx

      Delete
  2. WOW...this was almost like reading another language! LOL YaYa if anyone could figure it out it would be you.
    You would have cracked up if you had seen all the labels on the cables before we disconnected them from the old DVR box that we had to replace with a new one. Then add to that the fact that the DVR box was not the problem it was out old TV. Week ago we bought a new tv (our main source of entertainment since we rarely go to movie) we knew we'd have to buy a SMART tv because that is all that is sold now. Thankfully I'm in tight with the Geeks at Best Buy. I have a maintenance contract with them for desktop which helped greatly. They came out today set up the SMART TV for us.
    Of course now new tveeeees don't require all the crazy cables etc. BUT We are so un techie it is pitiful!! I'm literally standing at the computer now giving you a STANDING OVATION.
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I love your photos too seeing where you sit when you create is good for my mind's eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lost us way back in the first paragraph. Mom has tried leaving comments from the iPhone or iPad and just that bit is annoying. Hope you can work it all out. Nice pic BTW.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lost me, too. But can't you just open tab after tab in your android? Then all is open at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hari OM
      In theory, yes - but YouTube and Gmail are actually different 'apps' which is troublesome. It would be possible to access them via Chrome - but on a seven-inch screen any more than four tabs open becomes unusable - at least on my little critter... Yxx

      Delete
  6. You are far more patient with all of this then I am. Glad you are finding ways to stay connected on your travels. Love the highland cow😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. One detects intense (and slightly frustrated) concentration in the random selfie. Best of luck with all the tech!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow you are a pro... and you have the inner balance to accept such challenges... I would scream and curse after 2 minutes LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. High techie! ~ love the simplicity of the first photo ~ Beauty!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very well done! When do you go on your trip?
    I ordered a new TV for JB. He was getting headaches from his sports TV.
    Thank you for posting the calendar in the background! It's nice to see it from across the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Yamini,your description of the devices which you're perfecting for creating a blog post on android is mind boggling. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's good that you are testing all the tech before your trip. We're looking forward to your posts from down under.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a HUGE fan of hubs! I have been itching to see how blogging would go on my tablet(the I variety)...you have pushed me to want to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah the joy of being a travelling blogger!! namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏