WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoflectionary - another take on the tech

I am sitting in the father's last week preparing this post (yes, my timewarp thing). Wanted to set it up using all the new tech with the YAMroid. There was a pile of pics I took way back in October when Mac1 was driving me back to the Hutch after the broken wrist fiasco. En route, we stopped for her to join in a 10k run. As you do.

Needless to say, it was p-ing down. Cats and dogs didn't even bother to show face. It was all left up to the hose wielder upstairs.


The images you see here today were actually taken on the YAMroid itself... I was in the car, parked at about the halfway mark of the run course, and right where the participants would be  turning a corner. Hector Ted was with me, and he decided that everyone needed cheering on, so he stood on the dashboard and waved and waved and danced and waved and waved some more... and nearly everyone waved back! It made them smile where frowns had been and possibly pain. Having anticipated a rather long and dreary wait on my own, it turned into much fun and a real boost to all who passed by.




Mac1 didn't show up till almost the end. She wasn't the last runner, but let's just say I could count the stragglers behind her on  the fingers of the injured hand. The Stewards in their hi-viz vests added some brightness to the murk, bless them.



You see why I generally do not use this for photography! No amount of post-processing can improve on dismal. However, for the purpose given here, it is just fine. There may even be one or two later when out and about down under. Don't sit in anticipation though.

Anyway, this is my second full post from the YAMroid, so it's starting to feel a little more manageable. Not instinctual, but manageable. 

12 comments:

  1. Mac1 is certainly a devoted runner!! I don't even like to/from the car/house when it is raining that much and I bet it was chilly. YAMriod commentary and pics I give 100
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the content was perfect. Yay for Yam, cheering on the bedraggled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. acutally they came out pretty good considering the hose from above. that made me laugh. there is more than one way to have fun and you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is some rain. Congrats on her finishing the race at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for her for finishing - I's just glad I'm a cat and don't hafta go out in dat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We wish Mom would walk in the rain, never mind run:) Now her excuse is that it is too cold for her old bones and there is snow on the walkways - sheesh!!! Guess we are left with yard zoomies.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that are brave runners... we run too in da rain...into the house as fast as we can ;L)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Yam - it's sure been 'damp' ... and I'm glad I wasn't out in the rain ... let alone running in it - good for them ... let's hope for a better week - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made the race fun, Hector Ted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doing a 10k in good weather is already bad enough, doing it in that awful weather must have been dreadful. I bet Mac1 was glad to get back in the warm afterwards!

    Klem, Mara (and Brom says hi to Hector Ted)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the photos illustrate the horrid conditions! That's really fun!
    I remember running. I really enjoyed it, rain or shine. love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some folks spend money to get those water effects! namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏