WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoizikul; midweek musicalisms

My favourite Indian actor is Aamir Khan. He is the master of character and expression. What he doesn't do a lot of is the standard Bollywood 'item dance'. When he does turn a rhythm, though, it is also very worth watching!

Wanted to put one of his items here as tomorrow is his birthday. This movie, "Lagaan" is a lovely period piece - for those who may be interested, it is available on Netflix. The dance here is part of celebrations for Radha-Krishna. Radha was one of the gopikas (dairy maids) of the village of Dwaraka and whilst Krishna was a 'bit of a lad', Radha was the queen of his heart. Which is basically all that is being conveyed here.


6 comments:

  1. Very high energy dancing. They are all very talented. I did not understand the significance of the young lady in White.
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      That's just the context of the story of Lagaan... she is an English Colonial, chumming with the locals...Yxx

      Delete
  2. I should learn to dance like this, it would definitely aid in my weight loss..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it... and I was a fan of the old movie Aasha as a child... the song eena meena deeka is still in my mind , but I never learnt to dance like the actors LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaarrghh, I forgot where I put my little sound thingy and cannot therefor listen to this. Typical!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏