WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

MenoSundays; Life Lived Lovingly

A brief interruption to the 'miniseries' - had not calculated for a day that everyone thinks they know about and many celebrate, though perhaps rather confoundingly, with images not at all related to the facts of the day.

Do please click here to read a full and informative article on the saint so identified with Ireland, but whose legacy extends far beyond those shores.


A hymn of devotion and inspiration. Click here for the story and lyrics.


8 comments:

  1. I don't celebrate this holiday or any holidays, I do post GREEN things just for PHUN though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and educational post YaYa.
    I did not know some of this.
    I'm told way back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth my DNA had a wee bit of Irish and Scottish.
    Now 100% So. American

    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative. I had to separate the lyrics from the music. I am music illiterate anyway. But the lyrics are stirring, and the music very "marchable".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Part Irish but not a thing for me. It is a holiday in Newfoundland and Labrador

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful hymn. We know there are a lot of "tales" about St. Patrick that are quite far from the truth. But we do enjoy celebrating in all the fun of being Irish:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yam - I knew St Patrick's 'story' ... but didn't know the hymn - it's lovely ... and I'm enjoying listening to it. Have a peaceful day ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏