WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoware; reducing impact

Today, the letter "S" takes the lead. A word that came to mind, particularly as am flying around the place at the moment, is Sustainability. Am all for it. Particularly in our farming methods and reduction in the use of plastics and such like. As an inveterate traveller, though, am also acutely aware of my carbon footprint.

My flights within OZ permitted me to pay a small sum extra as a 'carbon offset'; it goes to the government in their bid to develop improved environmental effects. The same was not available for my international flight. However, it pleased me greatly, when I was looking into the new Boeing 787 I was going to be riding for part of the trip, to discover that Etihad is at the forefront of 'biofuel' research. Here's how (couldn't adjust the sizing of this one, so you'll need to press the expand button at the bottom right corner):




π€ΊπŸ˜Žπ€Ί


Fiction time again peeps...
this Friday, 26th... 
My 60th birthday πŸ™‹πŸ˜΅

11 comments:

  1. You are a traveling lady YaYa...no moss grows under your feet. Safe Travels
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS my FFF is ready and waiting to post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salicornia looks like a very interesting proposition, as it apparently doesn't use up valuable resources of fresh water or land where food crops could be grown. And few of us are so green that we would happily give up flying altogether.
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all need to be talking about sustainability more. Am looking forward to putting together a FFF post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad THEY are working on helping our climate with any and everything they can... this planet will not sustain itself if we dont'' help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was something new to me, so glad you had good weather for your visit.
    Merle.................

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew! We finally got a chance to to stop by and comment. Mom has had a tough time on commenting since before Christmas...but that does not mean we have not been stopping by on a regular basis and reading our furrends blogs. Mom was gone for 3 days this week, which I, marvelous was unhappy about, and worse, she brought Dad and the Horrible Beast (Cinnamon) back with her. I have been hiding. Kozmo and Jo Jo will be coming back later this week.
    But I digress, I send you belated Happy Easter.
    Purrs
    Marv (and Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  8. how great that they take care for our planet too... pawfect post for earth day ;O) we look for our fff story... the thinking caps are still on our heads ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Yam - interesting to read about Salicornia ... and glad you're still enjoying life and getting around ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
πŸ™