WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menootabootery at The Bay; final days - the last. Honest.

My flight out of Hervey Bay was not until after lunch. Trish and I decided a short walk on the beach was called for.


We found some lovely shells to add to Trish's collection. However, we also got wet, as a sharp shower dropped upon us. Soon enough we were saying our farewells. Just for now.


Tucker Turtle was amazingly forgiving of being squashed into the cabin bag. Despite acquiring a small handful of other things too, I remained within legal limits!


Now, just to round off this visit to QLD, let me share with you something I managed to obtain with the Hisstix on my third night there. I must tell you, I had no great expectations. The moon... okay, yes, I knew I'd get something. What I wasn't ready for was the other little shiny dot - do you see it there down at the bottom right of this full frame?


What do you suppose that might be? Well, m'dears, THAT is Jupiter. What is more, when I went the full 25x stretch of the Hisstix's lens, it was beyond belief that I managed to get not just Jupiter itself, but no less than three of its moons!!! See, here's the proof...


To obtain this with that little camera just blows me away. It has to be said that the air was very dry and there was no refraction going on (unlike here in the Bonny Land), but still. Not only did I get this, but I managed a shot of the Southern Cross and the Pointers also. For this, I did twiddle in post-processing, as the pure black of the original did not necessarily display the stars strongly and untrained eyes might not know what to select. So forgive the graininess of the background, but concentrate on the two 'pointers' at left and the Crux constellation at right (five stars).


This constellation goes around the Southern sky exactly like the hand on a clock. The South pole (celestial) is in the dark space at which lines, drawn from each of these, intersect. Are you interested? Then click here...

13 comments:

  1. Oh my word what amazing photos of the sky!!!
    I'm so glad you had such a fine visit with Trish in Hervey Bay
    hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing that you caught all of that when you were taking your moon picture. Thanks for sharing the interesting information about the Southern Cross too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Jupiter ~ what a gift in your photographing ~ lovely works ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We never get to see the night sky here in the city.
    Your captures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great shots of the night sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the sky is beautiful and we love Tucker Turtle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Yam - looks to be a wonderful place to be ... and see Jupiter and some of its moons = amazing. Fun - and the beach with oceans stretching away. The night sky must be amazing ... great to see Hervey Bay - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. What incredible photos of the moon and Juniper and its moons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh... WOW! Those photos look amazing. I have never tried taking photos of the sky at night, bar the moon, but those are really great. And to achieve that with a little camera. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely amazing that you captured this with your camera. wow indeed... love Tucker, so cute. we got caught in sharp showers twice this past week while walking Big, he was not happy to be wet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicely done. What a great trip you had.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏