WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoluschable: About Nice Things

On Friday I pointed you towards another place for inspiration for Christmas gifts this year. Today, I would like to offer you something with a bit of class. Yes, a bit more $$ too, but this is work for posterity, for heritage...for keeps!

I first became aware of Rufus Wright when I watched "8 Days: To The Moon and Back". He portrayed Neil Armstrong and did so impressively. Barely two months later, when I joined the instything, his name came up in a list of recommendations for me. (Now, I will say here that I generally totally ignore that 'reco4u' listing... but the name was fresh on my mind so stuck out!)

On looking at the posts on RW's profile, I decided to follow, for it turns out he is not only an actor but rather a good artist also. Particularly good at portraiture.

If you have someone you would like to present such a one-off item to, you could do a lot worse than engage RW. If you peruse that profile link above, you will find that he has also painted a few dogs... well not the dogs, their images... you know what I mean! So he may be open to other such commissions. With his permission, and without further ado, I display the post with details - sadly, I could not get it to embed properly, so this is simply a screenprint image.

























Now, I know a lot of you are not on the insty but are likely to go where I don't, which is to the Book of Faces. 

IN REMEMBRANCE

10 comments:

  1. What beautiful works of art. I was not aware of him either
    Thank you!!
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nor was I. The poppies picture takes my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we will remember today and we will honor those who came to brinhg freedom...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire such excellent artists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always delight in being introduced to new-to-me artists and Wright's work is lovely. A gift of his art would be wonderful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Veterans Remembrance and gorgeous portrait artist work ~

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work by the artist. My son's family brought me a poppy covered scarf from Normandy. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏