WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menokreatikul; Working Wool

In my little cocoon, aka The Hutch, during the lead up to Christmas, I took on a little crochet project. Well, a crochet project of little things, more accurately. I rarely impulse-buy, but the pack of wool and patterns stood up and yelled at me on the shelves at the supermarket. It was the only one there and goodness knows what drew me past it - not an aisle I normally traverse. Anyhoo...

It kept my hands busy as I binge-watched some stuff (more on that later). I didn't photograph them all. Indeed, I didn't actually make all twelve - wasn't particularly wanting a wee hoose or candy cane on my tree.

I did enjoy making these fun decorations up, though, and felt they reflected nicely upon the knitted nativity set I recently purchased from Mara. The stuffing material seemed a lot - but in retrospect, I think I was a bit stingy with it. The bauble could certainly have taken a bit more! It looks slight deflated or battered. Not enough to make me want to unpick and complete the task though. It'll do.

The star was my first one. The pattern said five points. it is made with a front and a back. I was prepared to unpick the first side if the second side counted out correctly... but it, too, resulted in six points. If the error was mine, at least I was consistent! (I could have made the finish of the glitter trim a tad tidier, but hey ho...) There was another pattern (the tree) where the counting seemed not quite to match the actual experience. I stuck to my instincts and all came out well.

























































Christmas day dawned bright and beautiful, then gradually faded into grey... yes, this is full colour! Now, my friends, onward to 2020.


11 comments:

  1. What a cute collection of Christmas decorations. Maybe you can make the rest as gifts for next year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like a great impulse buy! Looking forward to hearing what you watched!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with K10 and Lee and Phod...a great impulse buy and I commend you on how very very pretty each ornament looks.
    I especially like the star it appears to have a raised center. Clapping and standing ovation.
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least the crocheted decorations added a bit of colour to the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Onward, indeed. Beats the alternative(s).

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazingly colorful and vibrant decorations :) Time well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your knitted ornaments are fun, I think my favorite is the tree, but the bell is awfully cute.. plus you had the fun of kntting them. my favorite photo so all these is that candle. I have a passion for burning candles and used to have several bruning all over the house, due to allergies to scents, I had to go to scentless and also do to curious nose poking dogs, had to move them up on counters. also I forget they are burning, so have to stay in the room. I am blathering on while commenting. sorry

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun projects, they are all delightful decorations
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏