WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Men-o-respite; Time Out

I write this post to you from THE HUTCH!!! I was finally able to return on Wednesday. Mac2 arrived in Edinburgh the previous Saturday (after driving all the way from London; eight hours plus an hour to lunch and rest at Mac3's place in Nottingham). Sunday she observed the process for father's basic cares, learned some of the routine and systems set in place for those cares, and asked her questions. On Monday, ostensibly, she was to 'fly solo'. That didn't entirely work out, as she has also to fit in her work hours, so I needed to cover a few things until she settled in. Tuesday was a little more her than me. Wednesday, I just had to leave her to it.

Father was looking a little shell-shocked as I said goodbye; he and I have had our stoushes, but we have rubbed along pretty well this past two months. And we have a rhythm that keeps us both right. Now he has to learn a whole new energy and will likely have a few things that Mac2 will want to do differently - just because she can. I reassured him I would return at the end of the month.

Here I am, then, back in my own wee home. It is still standing. Still bright and cosy. Still calm and restful. Gosh, how I've missed it. Those views. The peace and quiet. My bed. (Oh, my bed - and these first few days back I have spent much time in it!) Only myself to answer to.

Let me share a few views from the archives to remind you of it also (or show, if you haven't seen them before).


19 comments:

  1. Hey YAM...there is really and truly NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!! I know you are enjoying your time to be quiet and relax and sleep and cook for one or not cook at all if you don't want to cook
    Enjoy every nanosecond.
    Hugs Cecilia and Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the relief!
    Enjoy that view.
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Hutch looks lovely, and the term hutch is very fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'No place like home' ~ sweet photos and a respite for you ^_^

    Be Well, Happy Mother's Day
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always nice to come home. You are doing a great thing for your Dad, but it is important to get your own rest too. Hope you have a chance to relax and enjoy the Hutch before having to leave again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am breathing deeply for you, Yam. So glad you are home, even if only to the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to know you back to home.
    Stay well. Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure father will get used to the change soon. You have been taking care of him. But you need a break too. I can imagine your happiness of being back home. Good. Take care. Relax. Rejuvenate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. enjoy the home sweet home time... we love all the mice on your sofa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Yam - we can 'hear' your change of mood - yes ... I know what you feel - so I'm pleased for you. I'm sure your Dad and Mac2 will work things out ... take care and just relax; love the photos and the those views ... enjoy some peace - take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can almost feel the post settling down on my laptop with a blissful sigh! O! the joy of being back in your own space. I can sense your unencumbered respite from routines 'that-must-be-performed' in your words. Enjoy dear soul and get your gulps full of rest and calm.
    Enjoyed the virtual tour of the hutch..it's utterly cosy...suits you so much:)
    hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. sooooooooo happy for you! welcome home and I know how much i love my own BED... can't imagine how great it must feel. I love your hutch because it has SPACE, open space. crowded spaces make me crazy. enjoy your escape to freedom and i hope Mac2 does well with your dad... hugs and care from me to you

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sure understand, Yam. All the best. We've the girls back this week. It's different than caregiving, but stressful nevertheless. Momma keeps pushing them on schoolwork, and they have been so busy. cheers, xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rest and recuperate. Caregiving is intense. Nothing like being home. Stay safe and well. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. There truly is no place like home. Unwind and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome home. Enjoy your much deserved time in the cozy hutch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I could hear your contented sigh here ;-). Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  18. the familiar
    feels of home
    blessed calm

    namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I can imagine how you felt to come home...I was gone a month a few years ago. I could have about kissed the ground when I got back home!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏