WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menonagramming; Playing With Words

Who is up for the challenge of trying to make 31 words from Stenographer❞

You have to blame Miss Cecilia for this one!!! I couldn't resist. I am a word fiend (you may have noticed. No..?) I try to do some word puzzles every day; crosswords, word searches, codewords (I REALLY love codewords)... I am particularly fond of anagrams. So here we go... just so you know, I am literally writing these down as I compose the post, will not be using plurals and will just keep going till I stop... will I hit the thirty-one???

ape
ate
arse
ash
ashen
art
aster
aeon
age
argon
atone
agree
arrest
arose

ear
eager
eat
eaten
earth
earthen

grape
graph
great
greater
grate
grater
groat
goat
goatee
gosh
ghost
greet
greeter
gear
got
gate
grant
gnash
gash
grasp

her
hear
here
hoar
heart
hearth
hearse
heap
harp
host
hot
hog
hen
hope
hang
hanger

no
north
near
not
note
nose
nosh
net
nest

on
one
oat
oar
organ
orate
open
opener

par
pet
pot
pore
pare
pear
peer
peat
parent
pant
preen
pate

reap
reaper
rope
rota
roster
rent
renter
rant
rate
rest
rang
range
rear
rose

song
sang
steer
soar
sop
sear
seer
sag
sharp
sharpener
sent
spar
spore
shop
share
stare
spare
stage
strong
stronger
soap
seen
sprang

tang
tense
tenser
tear
tare
trap
ton
tone
tong
toper
tape
tar
there
those
then
than
throng

...oh look, I could keep going. This took fifteen minutes just pulling the letters out and letting my fingers flap around the keys. 

Closer to 131, don't you think? (I lost count after 100...) Maybe if it was to be 31 words on only a certain amount of letters...but even if a minimum of five letters per word, I still have way more than 31. Did anyone else take up the challenge???

What Are Word Clouds and How Can I Create Them? | OLLI Connects

14 comments:

  1. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY WORDY...YAM AUNTY YOU ARE A WORDSMITH. MY GOODNESS ME. Well done!! Congrats
    The search title was "In Stenographer". Obviously they might have done better to say Some words in Stenographer!!!
    Hugs and many thanks for playing along!
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..not my thing but it sure is yours. i can't even do the circle kind, or the crossword puzzles, my mother could. she would love this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over supper I found nearly 50 words beginning with 's'. Including 'sporran'!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Oh no, how could I have missed sporran??!!! it's fun, isn't it? May have to see if I can come up with a word and set some parameters from which to work... Yxx

      Delete
  4. I found a bunch in just a few minutes too....over 30 in probably 5 minutes or less...and only beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom really breezed through this post because she is going to make a list too. Her first reaction was there are WAY more than 31 words to be found in stenographer!!

    Woos, Lightning and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too much thinking after 2 full days of video conferences!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, and wow!!!!!! That's a world of words! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great!!! we go with #3 today LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! you have framed yourself as 'words-worth'. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you trying to break my brain? namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏