WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menorflexion; Alpha-Betting Resilience

On Thursday we saw the letter "U" in the Martha Simpson affirmation alphabet. (Please note that this series has been given its own label here, of 'ABReflctions'.)


"V" is a word which ties in with the o for open... allowing ourselves to be 'vulnerable'. Even in a closed, counselling situation, I know that this can be a real hurdle for many folk. Yet, I have also seen (and felt) the results that such openness brings into life when we permit our vulnerability to show through. It is amazing how there will always be someone around to hold us, in actuality or in simple emotional and sometimes practical support. Several of us have found this through our blogging network - that admitting our need for support brings forth such a level of Love (with the capital 'ell'), even at a great distance, in which we can find deep "V"alue...




9 comments:

  1. Pretty much with me what you see is what you get...there are things I will share with only chosen few and more so as I've gotten older and wiser.
    Hugs to you all
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. There usual we need to be vulnerable

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that ted talk on some inflight entertainment some years ago and have it bookmarked in my acc. When i read the first line of your note i was thinking of linking it in tbis comment but i see Martha referenced it and precised its content mcuh better than a link. I can't recommend it highly enough to people reading your blog. xxx F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, more vulnerable than ever since WWII I think ~ It is all part of the human condition that is to be honored and cared for ~ Xox

    Live each moment with love,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to shift my thoughts on vulnerability as I tend to see it as weakness. Those of us with stoic tendencies do struggle with this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I gotta say I kind of agree with Hailey and Phod's Lady...I shall have to do some meditating on this.
    Purrs
    Marv, Jo Jo, Kozmo, Cinnamon and Angel Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Food for thought.
    Yes, Yam, the hospital trek is quite something. I don't know how older folks do it. And there are a lot of them in the waiting rooms in days gone by.
    Hugs from afar! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having opened up to groups as small as 5 and as large a 900 about my childhood sexual abuse I found it helped others to face their issues. That helping others also helped me! namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏