WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

First Friday ... Feature

Wot? No film??!!! No, my dears. I happened upon a series of podcasts that completely captured my attention as they are all about words, etymology, context... philosophy. They are also engaging, fun, and often meaningful interviews with some very interesting people. I am going to select some of my favourites to share with you for a few 'first Fridays'. They will require of you approximately an hour of your time - but as they are sound only, you can be doing some work as they go!!! WARNING - there is (very) occasional profanity.

To set the scene, John Bishop is one of the UK's top comedians and also a keen cyclist. (That's a link to the show JB did, cycling in Australia...) He has recently taken a few acting jobs and is about to become a cast member on Dr Who. Tony Pitts, the other host here, is an established serious actor.

Today, their chat with the comedy legend that is JOHN CLEESE. There are things discussed here that tie in with some of the explorations that will be done in my 'menoculayshunal' posts. Have a note pad handy - you may wish to write some of this down!

8 comments:

  1. Few pod cast I have heard. I enjoy them.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. true.. some things we should remember fur ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Podcast by John Bishop, perfect companion for a knitting session on a wet, windy day.
    Cheers!
    Gail.
    PS I did not know he was a keen cyclist too. Even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am a no pod cast person, so skipping this. I don't listen or watch things like this.. if bob ever turns off the blasting blasted TV i prefer silence...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today is loo cleaning day....I'll be back once that chore is done.
    Hugs and Happy Friday
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Something to listen to. I love pod casts. Were we live is so far off the beaten path there are gaps in the radio reception and I download pod casts to listen to and this is perfect! Have a marvellously Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so wish my computer was closer to my puzzle in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We will put that on our mom's podcast listening list.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏