WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menogurgulating; Kitchen Kaper Kontinues

The ongoing saga of tidying in the kitchen has seen me manage to tidy another cupboard most satisfactorily... first, one had to pull everything out... khaos, I tells ya!


Then there was the pondering about the optimal way to stick it all back in there. Taking a leaf out of the book of under sink tidiness, boxes were repurposed. To the back of the top shelf, one instrument in its 'native' box now stands and beside it is the box of 'tall stuff' - jars, flasks and such.


Sliding that in neatly beside the spiralizer, the whole front of the shelf is available. Now another lidded box is employed for the cartons and flat tiffins. The lid part holds the excess.


Now they can be easily slid in and out for use as per requirement. Everything accessible!!! On the lower shelf, all the loose jars and tiffins that had been cluttering it are now in one or other of these top boxes. This left space to resettle the steamer pans and slide in the atta (roti flour) container and the cooking oil which had previously occupied counter space. I am thrilled, THRILLED, I said, with this one, and as it is an often accessed place, am delighted to report it is working well. Much less cursing and a lot more smiling!



15 comments:

  1. The Greek primordial goddess of the chasm between heaven and earth triumphs again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful when you can organize things in a way that works. As we cleaned out our old house, I realized that we had things that we'd forgotten about - because they had become hidden away in the chaos. I love your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the use o containers to hold items in groups is soooo helpful. looking good. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Terry Pratchet's world there was a goddess for utensils that get stuck in kitchen drawers (Anoia - not sure of the spelling). In our homes we always have one cupboard called the Russian cupboard. When you open it things come rushin out at you. We resolved most of the other cupboards contents tendencies to rush out with the installation of some whizz bang slidy/rolling/hinging things with baskets. At first F was dismayed at the loss of space, then realized that when you can easily evacuate the contents of the cupboard to get at the thing in the back corner, and push it all back without having to pick it all up off the floor, she was a convert. Now we have sliding shelves in cupboards all over the house. Just like your boxes. Fz & Pz Mr T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Oh yes, in an ideal world I'd have the kitchen updated with such things. In a no-income make-do world, upcycling packing boxes works just fine!!! (I would LOVE a proper spice rack that drops down but nearly toileted on the spot when I saw the cost...8`0...) Yxx

      Delete
  5. can we say PERFECTION! yes it is perfection. love the plaid boxes. I do this too.. I have plastic baskets from the dollar store and some boxes ... organizing makes me HAPPY, mine and yours....the few spices I have are in plastic boxes, 1 dollar each for 2, the boxes I had were to big... do you have a store there that everything is a dollar? I can't afford the expensive organizers, but the recycle and cheap works well

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done... my battle with the plastic containers I always recycle ended so often in frustration... good idea with the boxes..everything has its place...even the lids who disappear always when you need a complete box with lid LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAM-Aunty are you for hire? Excellent organizational skills. I like the plaid covering on the storage bins too. Storage containers and their flighty lids are necessary but oh sometimes they can make one mutter HBO words when the all come tumbling out.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! No more being on your hands and knees and searching for items! I"m stealing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful improvements!!! I am starting on some home reorganization projects myself...and am going to take a few of your ideas for the kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WoW! Most excellent solutions. I have a small effigy of Anoia (mentioned above)in my kitchen. Every time I look at her I find myself straightening something! The cupboards are in shape...now I need to do the large utensil drawer... Have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mum has to tidy one cupboard again and again as it keeps on messing up. Nothing to do with me for a change either! Just lids and bottles and things and whatevers keep jumbling up.
    Perhaps a box or two wouldn't go amiss here either. I will suggest...

    Klem

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always satisfying to reorganize your cupboards. You did a great job and now you have room for more things to be stored out of sight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This must make you feel so good! JB loves his containers. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks good! Hope it works the way you hope.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏