WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoizikkuls; Midweek Musicalisms

The third pick for the mini shanty season is a lament of sorts as the sailors have to pack their sacks and prepare to disembark. There's a bittersweet quality to it. The group are an Irish band called CODA. I'll be honest, their timing is a tad slow for my preference, so I used the settings cog to up the play speed; 1.25 is good, 1.5 makes it a bit fun... Do play it through on normal first then have a fiddle to see which you like better!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for introducing me to Coda. A great find. Love the song at all three settings. Faster is fun, yes, but in the end I reset to normal speed to savour the quality and texture of their voices.
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's just great!!! 1000 ants run over our skin when listen to this voices...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like it like it is, and have no idea how to speed it up, but the good news is I like it fine. it reminds me of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful voices...mostly tenor which I like but 100% agree I wanted it to be a tad faster.
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Cod! Flashback time! I have been in these kind ofrooms and heard similar voices! Thanks for the trip back in time! Love Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know you could speed it up! You are quite right. Nicely done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blending of voices. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏