WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

MenoAZinkulling; The Onset Of Madness

Over at My Take, I revealed that I would be performing for the A to Z challenge. That was going to be it. It took an entire afternoon to trawl the archives for piccies to use for the month and then three days to get all the posts scheduled and working as some kind of cohesive presentation... crazy enough, you'd think.

Then, the day after my post about the crochet item, I got notice that another blogpal's annual make-along was up and running again. It was the perfect thing to make sure that I actually get the project finished by the end of April, so I have signed up over at Ravelry and need to get on with it now - I have named it my LynGmal wrap, in honour of Lynda Grace. However, it is already behind in progress because I had a brain melt...

One of the several menosomniac nights of late resulted in my formulating how I could also do the A to Z here at Wild YAM ... and on the instything!!!

So here I am with a reveal for next month's posts - which will follow the
  alphabet of a year of pandemic.

Each post will explore some of the keywords and express some of the feelings associated with the last twelve months - from my own purely personal point of view.

That all should keep me out of mischief for the next few weeks - but I may require taking away in a white van by the end of it...


19 comments:

  1. Every success to you, Yam. I envy the mental power to pull that together, as you have done and will do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I look forward to seeing your posts, seeing your perspective on 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you have changed all the views we have of you and your place. You have been a busy aunty. Thanks for the link to Lynda's red mug. She nailed it. Some little thing to focus all the anger, frustration and grief (that you have told yourself is unfeasonable and unfair on other people) can suddenly break the dam - a bit like the crack in the mug itself. (Interestingly we would have called it a beaker - no handle. Funny old thing, language.) xxx Mr T & F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari Om
      Actually, I've seen Lynda use that mug in one of her excellent vlogs some time back, and it does/did have a handle; it's just the way she's photographed it that gives the impression of 'beaker/tumbler'! (To me, a beaker is found in a laboratory; measuring glass with a pouring lip... a 'beak'...HAH!, donchya love the malleability of English?!!)

      I didn't go the whole hog on the bloggy makeover - generally, for spring the colour tone changes too - but I am rather particularly fond of orange. I may have mentioned. So wasn't ready to let it go yet! I'm thrilled with the LinkTree 'holdall' widget; makes navigating YAM's warren a whole lot easier! Yxx

      Delete
  4. MOL, pretty shure this last year could land a LOT of humans in a white van . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. we look forward to this alphabet... an we hope no white van is needed...although we maybe all need it ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yam - I'll enjoy the read ... and your takes - stay sane though! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. We look forward to your upcoming posts. Love your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We can't wait to hear how you tackle this challenge but our mom is more curious about your make-along challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh that will be fun...no worries YAM I send you a cake with a file in it so you can break out of the white van
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you can do it, and I know I could not. have fun, do not become MAD, it may become part of your name like mine. MadMeno

    ReplyDelete
  11. WoW! you are busy! BUT you did not mention the new header on this blog, the total revamp of the page, your new photo, and probably a ton of things I have not noticed! I can hardly get 2 posts a head a week, much less get a whole alphabet full! I am sure looking forward to see everything as it unfold! May the god of dance smile upon your feet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm exhausted just thinking about all this social media activity. Or maybe just tired from my Thursday bike ride with the 'Scones r Us' cycling ladies. Boy was it windy this morning....!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have set yourself up for quite the month. Good luck, but we know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look forward to reading your posts Yam, it's a good time to take a breath and reflect on the last few months.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember tha tlast year, many bloggers blogged about the pandemic. So many of us were in lockdown or were just getting out of it.
    I still don't knwo what I think of this year of pandemic. But I'm curious to read what you think.

    @JazzFeathers
    The Old Shelter - Theme Reveal - The Great War

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to figure out a way to reboot my blogging. Not a lot of inspiration at this time.
    namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏