WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

First Friday ... Features

I have found a website with lots of very interesting discussions around what should be BETTER KNOWN, according to the weekly guest. There is an incredible range of choices (some quite radical) over the several years of broadcast. Lots of stuff to mentally chew over and these are great for pre-bed listening or crocheting/knitting to.  I have listened to dozens. On the website, there are links to the subjects discussed - but not all of them are still current. 

Anyway, here is one of my absolute faves - like most things, you know it's good when you want to listen/watch again! Here I present Gregory Platten, a slightly irreverent Reverend. He made me fond because he clearly loves Scotland, though himself English, and he has interesting things to say about the role of the priest in the Church of  England.


Now, in case any of you prefer or cannot for any reason access Spotify - here is the direct link through to the page on the website.



15 comments:

  1. Will surely listen at leisure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just clicked on the 'Better Known' link and am immediately attracted by many of this podcast's guests (Jim Al-Khalili, Davis Spiegelhalter, Helen Lewis, Will Hutton). Will listen to Gregory Platten later.
    Thanks! Gail.
    PS There is nothing unusual about an English person loving Scotland!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that spotify has a problem with us somehow.... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      If you cannot play on this page - click the 'Spotify logo top right of the green bar and it takes you to the podcast site on S'fy... or click through to the actual website via the image below the player! As Gail has already discovered, there's lots of interest there!!! Yxx

      Delete
  4. Hi Yam - he sounds an interesting interviewer ... he hasn't hit my airwaves yet ... but now I'll check things out. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was very good _ I rather agree that Berwick on Tweed should be better known - it's an odd town, half English; half Scottish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari Om
      Does that not express the very nature of border territory - and part of the conundrum of identity?! Yxx

      Delete
  6. BOL at Bertie's comment~~this Southern American Gal would love Bonnie Land too
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I listend to five minutes to hear his voice, I love Scot Accent, he doesn have the one I love. I am not a listener. so would not be using the link. i did look at it. my days are filled with unwanted listening to the TV, when the man is outside I turn it off and listen to the quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari om
      As mentioned in my write up, Gregory is English... hence no Scottish accent.

      That's okay, one does not expect everyone to enjoy everything on offer... the purpose of a smorgasbord is that everyone will find something but not all will like everything! Yxx

      Delete
  8. Shall check this out. Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could and might listen to him...will check him out more at a later time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found it on iTunes and subscribed! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have to go and check this out! Thanks for the new content! It will be a nice break from podio books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. will need to get on phone and listen with headphones! namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏