WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoovering; Stuff Shifted

You will recall that I had a visit from my siblings sprung upon me all unawares a week and a bit back. (Or you don't and it doesn't matter.) All four of us in one space! Slightly ahead of the permitted relaxation of regulations around COVID, but Macs 2 and 3 had limited time up here from their homes south of the border and were working to a strict timetable. They always are those two.  Mac1 would have stayed on had it been possible. She'll be back in a few weeks to have a couple of nights with me. 

Mac2 likes using her too-clever-by-halfone for photos - she should have given me time to remove the raggedy worktop!


Anyway. Mac1 arrived ahead of the two youngsters and brought in her part of the load. I had the lunch on the go (vegemince and tatties) and it was just ready as the rest of the stuff came up the stairs and through the door. What was arriving?

Well, there was a goodly bit of kitchenware (cutlery, tumblers etc), the clock I had given parents for their 25th anniversary... and lots of other small stuff still to be processed. In the furniture, there was a set of white drawers - now resident in the large entrance hall. There was a set of teak drawers for the bedroom. Also in teak, a set of four cabinets that my parents bought back in the 1970s. They are capacious and functional. One part, which has a drop-down bureau-style door, is sitting on top of the teak drawers in the bedroom, so guests now have a 'desk' if required. Two of the cabinets which have regular doors are now in a slightly rearranged lounge situation, creating a sideboard effect...



It has been a bit more dressed since then, but you get the idea. My DVD collection is now in that left-most cupboard, along with some coffee table books. There is still a lot of shifting and sorting to be done, but that second cupboard is likely to contain art materials or some such. 

The fourth of the cabinet set lost its door many years back - the door was rediscovered when the attic at #15 was being gutted in the clear up. I wanted that unit to remain open, so the rescued door was doctored slightly by Mac3 to sit beneath it and thus bring it level with the table in the kitchen... and it happily contains the wrapped boxes I'd created but makes it look a lot more finished. I am thrilled, as now the kitchen is pretty much in the order I want it (including the bread box, handcrafted by Mac3 for our late mother about 20 years back - and I am proud to now own that [beside the microwave)]. I celebrated with savoury (cheese and celery) pancakes!




































They were here but a couple of hours before heading off back east. Macs 2 and 3 would have headed south on Friday. Who knows when I will see or hear from them again. Whilst there is much that ties us, there are two distinct halves to our family unit. When they want their annual dose of the west coast Bonny Land, no doubt they will show up!

Now to continue sorting out my own life...


18 comments:

  1. Short as the stay was, it still must have been wonderful to spend time together. Nice collection of items. Happy sorting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its always wonderful when family visits! How wonderful they brought all that (memory filled) furniture for you and helped you get it all in the right place. Your home looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking around your wee house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get togethers best in small doses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice accent to the hutch, and it really must have been nice to have all of the Macs together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how great that they came and you had such a good time... we need it sometimes so much... specially in this times...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like a family reunion like this. I am sure you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - quadruple the humanity and double the furniture - the Hutch must have been stuffed to the gills that day! All looking good now though. You appear to have good natural light in there. Fz U& Pz Mr T and F

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitchen is now in the catergory of "spiffy" and looking great and organized. all four of you look so happy to spend time together and a few hours is better than none. I would love to see my only brother, and have not since 2008. everything they brought gives you so much storage and that is something we all need. now this should start a chain reaction to make the other room parts of your home look as SPIFFY as the kitchen. you will love my new kitchen towels, they are RED and white.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Yam - lovely to see the photos ... and to know that things are coming together. It gives you a chance to sort more out and to decide where things go ...
    I've been having connectivity challenges - so am on line and off it ... rather more than I like. I'm happy to have seen these - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAM how very very nice to see you and the siblings. You know I'm enjoying 100% your pops of red. Such a happy space to create delicious meals and memories
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to seeing the new contents of the Hutch for myself in just under a fortnight!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am liking the look of those pancakes to be honest - once I saw them all the rest was blur.
    We get that with visitors too - they all want to visit our cottage when it's summer strangely ... mmm..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      LOL - I do make a good pancake... and I am open to visitors from all parts! Yxx

      Delete
  14. Yay for family visits! Your house is looking just beautiful, especially the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like you had a nice and swift visit from the siblings. We're glad to hear you found perfect places and uses for the newly acquired furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great stuff for your place. I do love seeing all the Mac group in one photo! Love all the smiles. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏