WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Me-Now-Views; Less Speak More Peek

The non-boomerang archive trawl produced a few I don't think anyone here will have seen before. 

The sundial in Sydney Botanical Gardens

Of course, I never noted the name of this tree - but also in SBG

The Hawkesbury River Post boat and Taxi

...you looking at me?!!

Tramates Versicolour... aka Turkey Tail Fungus

Pelican peeps...

My pal Emm and her hubby and me back in the 2017 visit...
seems a lifetime ago already...

2006 - walking at Woko (Central NSW)
Anytime we stopped, Jade thought the ball had to be out and about!
Those were the days when I could still hike ten miles...


18 comments:

  1. A lovely selection of beautiful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. Pelican I really like.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sundial and the bracket fungus. The 'sulphur-crested' is sort of cute, but a friend owned a particularly mercurial one years ago and I have never trusted the things since. Probably best left in the wild (and maybe that is what his was trying to say - 'why bring me to damp cold England?') Is that a gum-nut resting on the fungus? xxx F

    ReplyDelete
  4. super photos... we love the post boat, it has something special...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yam - love the botanical sundial ... and the others - good memories for you. Delighted to see Emm, her hubby and you ... then Jade with her ball. I wonder if the sulphur crested cockatoo sculpture resting in a park in London was based on yours?! Happy New Year - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos! Love the sundial and the peeking cockatoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That turkey fungus looks fantastic. So colourful. And I like that last picture of you.
    Hope you are having a good 2022 so far.

    Klem

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have never hiked 10 miles, the most would be 4 I think. each of these photos is special in its own way, my favorite is the sundial. so sharp so clear and I like the sundial itself. Jade is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a sundial made by my grandfather. It is under used here - in part because we seem so ofte to have cloud. In southern France they are everywhere and I think they are often very beautiful, especially those on the walls of old buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting collection of pictures. We too like the sundial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAM what a treat today. All were new to me OMDs what fun photos and smiling faces
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sundial must have taken a lot of tedious work to make all those markings. And yes, birdie, we ARE looking at you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific shots! I LOVE the Cockatoo! I wonder if they taste anything like quail. Kozmo and me LOVE fresh quail.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So enjoyed your photos. Oh, my, the days of taking mountain hikes are in the rear view mirror for us, I fear. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏