WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoizikul; Midweek Musicalisms

For the first month, let us look back... waaaaay back. Medieval music to tickle your eardrums. I have selected items that are short, so as not to lose you entirely! Early music has always been a favourite of mine - and it was my favourite to play and sing (in those days when I did play and sing).

Then, as now, music tended to fall into two categories; the religious and the secular. I have selected one from the first and three from the second. We will start with the shortest of them, secular, and an homage to the god of wine, Bacchus, played on the hurdy-gurdy. Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. that's great... and it belongs to good food and good wine ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll confess I'm liking the subject matter better than the music!
    Cheers! Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were expecting classical renaissance. Not quite but this was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice I like the box the man is playing kinda like the one you used to see in cartoons with Monkeys...
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. it sounds like drums and bagpipes. never seen an instrment like that one. love those wine glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyable, with a bit of a folk music flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Hurdy Gurdy! I've not seen one since University (about 40 years ago!) Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. We enjoyed that music and have never heard a hurdy-gurdy played before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That hurdy-gurdy puts my in mind of a hand organ but it seems it is a stringed instrument. Very interesting. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏