WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

First Friday Filmclub

Well, it's August, and the highest simmer of summer is mostly over, though it is to be hoped there will be a few more lazy, hazy days to come yet. In some ways this film is out of order; but I found it charming. However, I was also agog with a split mind; on one side amazed and astonished at the beauty and style... on the other side, expecting any minute to have to be calling emergency services! What do you reckon - would you do this???

(Lundhags) A Nordic Skater from Paulius Neverbickas on Vimeo.

8 comments:

  1. what a joy to have such a day outdoors with friends.... and we enjoyed the ice... looks good while we wait for the next 30+ temps.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mind is heavily weighted towards admiration of the beauty and style. Something I would love to try (in the company of an experienced guide!)
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! I'd be afraid. We've so many going through the ice here, with Climate Change, and unstable temperatures.
    (ツ) from Jenn Jilks , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sure make it look like fun and the beauty is beyond awesome but I shall stick to my small ponds where I know the ice is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. not only I would not but I could not if I wanted to... it does look like fun and bob would do it in a heart beat. he loves ice skating. of course since he has lived in Florida since 1972 he has not skated in a long time

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was an avid roller rink skater...and good. I tried ice skating once. Well I hung on to the side of the indoor rink
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great face! WHAT a great face. They all look so happy. F would go back up to that cold frozen north in a flash. Dog sledding in the Finnmark region had been the goal, but she'd give that skating business a go too. Tiggers like better the look of that fire being stoked up indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice clip. The freedom of being on ice. The energy that the outdoor gives us. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏