WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menowercogitatus; A Month of Thursdays Thinking

Now, I know a few of you out there are, like myself, quite keen on murder mystery thriller types of books and shows. It is hard to pin down quite what the fascination is... although, perhaps not, for me. I did once take tests and interviews to become a Private Investigator. Yes, long ago in Sydney, in a back street in the Chinatown end of the city. The office was up a long and narrow wooden stair with a loose handrail and uncarpeted. There were three other candidates and the tables before us were strewn with puzzles of various kinds...

But I digress... 

I may not have ended up in the gumshoe business, but I have never lost my tendency to want to know what happened. To seek out answers. Thus I also have on my list, from Australia, some true crime podcasts. The series I offer you today is particularly poignant, as the case ran for so long and has some updates and follow-ups. So, if murder mystery/missing persons intrigue you, I think you will appreciate this show. Again, for those who prefer not to use Spotify, you can click here.

9 comments:

  1. I have that same desire to find out what happened, to know details of why and when and how.. sends me down the internet hole more and more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh waiting with baited fishy breath too
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Murder mystery shows are fun to watch. Sometimes I even guess who did it correctly, but more often than not I get it wrong. I guess I wouldn't make a good private eye. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer to avoid focussing too much on the dark side of human nature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOoooOOOOoooOoooo Mom loves murder mysteries (among other stories) and TV shows and Movies. She says there is nothing more exciting than a gripping "who dun it"! Kind of like figuring out who was bringing the live mice into the house a couple of weeks ago, Mom figured it out pretty fast and the culprit is still denying that she was the purrpetrator!
    (By the way, CBC Radio (Canadian Broadcast Corp.) also has true crime podcasts. Mom listens to them while she is painting the house https://www.cbc.ca/radio/podcastplaylist/podcasts-for-the-true-crime-and-mystery-fans-1.5466946
    Keep being AWESOME! Purrs Marv

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes. Mysteries are my favorite. Listening as I type. namaste, janice xx

    PS. any word from Mara?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Mara has been enjoying life with her family and her new home... Yxx

      Delete
  7. I cannot tell you how much it deilghts me you once opened the door the becoming a gumshoe. That was definitely on my childhood list of aspirations. But having failed to follow the trail, I most assuredly love a good mystery thriller. I appreciate the podcast recommendation - I'll be listening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, who knew?! That's a good recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏