WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menogurgulation; This, That, The Other

Okay, so the fact is the jumper is finished... however, in promising it to you for this week while still in last week and still under the influence of the weird lurgy, I had completely forgotten to check the calendar. Turns out this is a five-Friday month. I had been plotting to turn the presentation of the jumper, along with a bit of a "how I came to crochet" potted history, into a post tying in with my late mother's birthday... i.e. today. I could still do that... but then I would have to go back to scratch to come up with a decent post for...


(Yes, that is also your reminder to come up with something extra special for the last Friday of the month and link your post in the comments to my FFF - the "rulez" or on that tab up top!) Which, by default, meant I had something at least for today's post 😄

You will have noted that I spoke of the lurgy in the past tense. At last. To be honest, I am not 100%, but a goodly part of it, just some lingering lethargy and much-reduced-but-still-there-niggly cough.

Another tidbit; a few of the old-timers here (as in readers, not years...ahem!) might have noted the wee badge at the bottom of yesterday's post and wondered. Yes, it was the OoWaC badge from the days of Blogville and when I was elected to that Office of Wellness and Concerns! I have reworked it slightly, adding the three flags that represent me. While the office - and, sadly, it has to be acknowledged, Blogville, too - are now defunct, my interest remains in matters of health, well-being, environment, ecology, climate, philosophical, psychological ... yeah, well, you get the picture... as they relate to us as individuals and as a society. Thus, I still make posts like yesterday, with 'pay attention' and 'call to action' elements. I could have set up a different badge and name, but I rather like that connection to our original little group and thought to recycle it. 

Several readers have come along since those heydays of Blogville (and for the newer ones - that was a group of some 30ish blogs who collaborated on various online happenings and even one fabulous "in the furs" meetup), and readership interests have broadened and reflected the eclectic nature of this blog. Blogville went on for quite a few years, but - as is natural in any family or town - the population tends to reduce over time as elders fade away or other life matters take precedence. I still miss some of those wonderful peeps and their pets, but this is the way of things. One must continue on one's own path.

I still miss you, Mum.






11 comments:

  1. I miss my mom as well. When you first mention "Jumper" I thought of jumper dress I wore in first and second grade.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is sweet... I will call my mom today... just t hear her voice....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The excitement at seeing the finished jumper builds. Meanwhile, it's good to hear the lurgy is in retreat.
    Cheers, Gail.
    PS Five years this week since my mother died. It was a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom looks very happy with her friendly lorikeets - and who wouldn't be? There's a contest there to see who is better looking. I think your mom won.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAM what a wonderful post x 87. WOW well done my very fine friend. And the link back to B.A.R. 2016...was fabulous. Friends from then have come and gone...but they did leave memories of fun in my mind's eye. I loved seeing the photo of Mum.....and the parrots.
    Have a good weekend and so thankful you are feeling better.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. your mum is beautiful and the birds feeding make this a wonderful tribute to her. I lost my mother when I was 45, so many years ago and still wish I could tell her things to this day. Happy to hear the lurgy is better and mostly gone. I remember blogland days, although I only particpated in a few of them. blogland changes more and more every year and sometimes day. out of 40 friends back then only 7 or left online at this time

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beauty your mum was♥ Mine has been gone 6.5 years and not a day goes by that I don't think of her and miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too miss the Blogville era, and really enjoyed the time we all got to spend together!

    What a beautiful picture of your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mother is beautiful. My mother has been gone 18 years in May; I miss her always. We rarely saw one another after I moved to the west coast, something that still makes me shake my head.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Yam - so pleased you're feeling easier and generally better - another week and you'll be nearly ok, then a few more days it'll be over (with luck when it's warmer and kinder weatherwise!) --- as I recover from a similar lurgy ... that photo of your mother is wonderful ... and here's to many of your happy memories. Happy Friday ... and weekend - the wind is reeling around here ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're glad to hear you are feeling better and will patiently wait to see your new crocheted creation. What a lovely picture of your mom feeding those beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏