WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoorrrkkk...cont'd

Deary me, I'm letting the side down. This lurgy wiped me out to the point nothing much got done at all the past week. I apologise for yet again delaying the reveal of the jumper - because it has had zero work take place on it. Apologies, too, for absent - or very short - comments around the place (and for any lack of coherence on those I did make an effort on!)

I am fine, really. Just absent! 😷🤧🤢 It's a weird one. Mac1 let me know that two of her pals and another acquaintance have all had an equally mysterious time, keeping them from their usual activities... which at least tells me it is not in my imagination! Apart from a number of other discomfiting symptoms, the key one seems to be sleep. I have slept more in the past eight or nine days than in as many months before, I think. And at some point each day I think, oh that's it, I've turned the corner, I lay my head down and find that no, there's more. Sigh... I did manage to hang together posts for tomorrow and the weekend and have left this till late Wednesday, at the point where it all seems okay again... 

Be a patient patient, Yamini.... 



12 comments:

  1. Hope ‘it’ leaves soon, apart from the physical aches and pains and general feeling of being unwell, viruses tend to make one emotionally unwell. Won’t be long before you’ll be able to enjoy the (warmer) fresh air and sunshine which will help in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hugs for a speedy recovery... we have it alot in our family... and we hope it will not jump on us too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a patient patient does not come easy. Nobby and I send healing vibes down from the Northeast.
    All be best, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interestingly while isolation can help slow the spread of diseases round a population, it doesn't do much for the immune systems of the individuals. It seems that immune systems thrive on being challenged - daily. A few health professionals that F has chatted with have commented on the extent of debilitating (non-Covid) illness there has been going round this winter and how long it is taking folks to recover from illness. Sleep is good. Gets lots of that (Tigger's know best when it comes to sleeping). Furrings and purrings Mr T and F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      True to a point; if one is an otherwise non-compromised immunity bearer. However, I have a life-long compromised immunity due to the chronic arthritis and asthma, coupled with CFS, so have always had to be circumspect when mingling. The point about this lurgy though, is that I have not been in contact with anyone to inherit it... unless, of course, it came in with Mac1 early Feb (the cough did start shortly thereafter) and has just been taking its time! It's just a hurdle, one I will eventually jump. Yxx

      Delete
  5. This too shall pass, as they say. In the meantime enjoy your sleep time. I have every confidence that before long your usual provocative self will re-emerge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sorry this is hanging around so very long. POTP and prayers/hugs coming your way. very interesting comment from F today. it makes sense. we think we are keeping ourselves save by staying in but i can see how it would effect us.. you are coming out of a long cold stay inside winter, that might have something to do with it

    ReplyDelete
  7. We hope you feel much better soon. Being down and out is sure not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAM I'm so sorry about your uninvited rude guest who mysteriously fell out of the sky in the Hutch and will not LEAVE. Rest is good for you take the time you need.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are keeping our paws crossed that you feel better soon. Rest and fluids are recommended so don't feel bad about sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Yam - it will pass ... I'm glad mine is just a cold that's hanging around in the damp gloom before Spring appears! Take care and just do what the bod needs ... with thoughts - Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏