WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menonday Meanderings

G'day!

The problem with being out and about again is that one is accruing a great many photographs. I know a lot of you are keen on seeing the canal shots - and they will arrive on a Tuesday post soon enough. I did take some videos, also... however, I now realise that there is a big learning curve for using the LumaFusion app - so have signed up to their tubular channel for tutorials. My first free-run attempt on it was for some of the birdsong in Tigger's garden...


Room for improvement, I think you will agree. I really want to get the hang of things, as when I get The Grey, it will be more on video than anything - I'll be rebranding my tubular and hopefully generate some interest in watching a senior's life on the road... Oh, this might be the place to tell you that I got the call to say The Grey will be ready for me to collect as I head north again... 

On Friday, I used the second of my bus ticket day riders to again go to Chichester. This time to visit the cathedral. It was lovely. The organ was being played, and for all its being of similar age and dimensions to Glasgow Cathedral, it was much less intimidating, having more of a family church feel about it. Again, just some taster shots, the rest to appear over following weeks as Me-Now-Views.




Oh, and to round off this random pickings post, I finished the shawl...



The pattern is available on my Google Drive if you care to give it a go. You will see that it is very forgiving in that you can use a variety of weights and hook sizes to your own preference. I had double-knitting yarn (thank you, F) and used a 3.5mm hook. Due to the slightly more chunky stitching, I opted not to use the Picot border and, instead, ran a simple row of single (UK dc) around the whole thing. I hadn't blocked it yet, so keen was I to show it to you - and to those of you who follow Sophie's Scottish Adventures and may have seen my empathising with her bad fur days - you now have evidence as to why!

Right, 's all for now. Nine days to The Grey Day!!! 




23 comments:

  1. I don't recall last time I had shawl on.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a chunky crochet shawl given to me by a dear friend - I wear it often as a reminder of what a generous person she was. So many times people have said, ‘oh that looks good, I must bring mine out and wear it’. Theirs being tucked away in a cupboard and not worn for fear of the wearer being labelled ‘old fashioned’. Nothing old fashioned about being warm. Yours look warm and comfortable and the colour suits you as well.
    Actually I’m wearing mine in my profile photo 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! the shawl looks marvellous. You're a lady of many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the shawl, and great news about the van!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yam - Chichester is lovely isn't it ... I'm looking forward to seeing Chagal's window, and I'd like to know more about the Arundel screen. You're always learning ... good for you - so pleased you're having a happy time and nearing taking ownership of your grey van - with thoughts and happy rest of the visit - cheers Hilary. PS your shawl is lovely - I can't wear wool ... sadly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the shawl is beautiful! and we love the chruch windows... thex tell a story and you can make your own... it's always like a pain to see smashed church windows... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shawl has turned out really well. Mr T is doing one of his stern looks we see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your shawl and the beautiful selfie of you and Tigger and the cathedral is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. waitng to see how many Shades of Grey you will find out there. love the shawl and that first photo of you and Tigger is perfect, you are doing super job with the camera. all the photos are great

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    The cathedral images are lovely, beautiful stained glass. Your shawl is pretty, well done! Take care, have a wonderful new week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Cathedral photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Googly Gook YAM what a fun fill post! You and Tigger took a wonderful selfie. He is a most handsome Tabby.
    You are leaps and bounds ahead of me on learning new techie things.
    I really like the shawl and the color!!!
    YAY we are starting a count down to Grey Van Day. I am so excited for you to be able to travel again at your own speed
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is it the baptismal font that's in pic 1 of the cathedral?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      It is, indeed! A modern piece. This from the cathedral's website...
      "Made of Cornish polyphant stone from Bodmin Moor, the beaten copper insert in the bowl was chosen to reflect and harmonise with the adjacent painting on the west wall of 'The Baptism of Christ' by Hans Feibusch. The text around the bowl, “One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism”, is from Ephesians 4:5.

      The Skelton font replaced a Victorian one considered to be of poor design. An earlier 15th century font, used in the Georgian Period by the congregation of the sub-deanery church of St. Peter the Great who worshipped in the North Transept and Treasury, was moved to the new church of St. Peter, opposite the Cathedral, in 1850 and subsequently, on the amalgamation of the parishes, to St. Paul's at Northgate. Its site is indicated by an inscribed slab in the North Transept."

      YAM xx

      Delete
  14. What a great picture of you and T! Sounds like you are enjoying your time visiting and exploring!

    I'm so excited for you and your new van adventures! Just subscribed to your YT channel and can't wait to see where you go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look very spiffy in your shawl, YAM.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love hearing the birds from Tigger's garden. Your shawl looks great and it is a perfect fit for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. the shawl is quite lovely and so convenient for those cooler days. We are just overjoyed at the beauty of that stained glass window - beyond beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can hardly wait for the new adventures of Yamster! namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏