WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoizikul; Midweek Musicalisms

I decided to go a bit random this month; going to Soundcloud, I typed in the search box "heavy baroque" just to see what it offered. There was only a very short list... I don't think anyone is going to object too much to this first selection. It is a modern piece by a Dutch pianist, but one can definitely hear the influence of the Baroque riffs within this. It got me thinking, though. I think actual Baroque pieces are waaaay heavier than this. Come back next week for a comparison!

12 comments:

  1. aaah sweet melodies in the morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect accompaniment to my sunrise activity sitting in the dining room (morning room) hand stitching the border on a handcrafted quilt while looking over the garden, birdsong in the background. I've played it over several times. The only thing missing from this scene is women in period costume....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Love it♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does not sound heavy to me, lovely sound. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea what bargoque is or what it sounds like, but the music makes me see women in long gowns and men in flowing sleeves and knikers twirly around the room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds light and makes me thing of a summery field of grass blowing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Yam - definitely doesn't sound heavy ... looking forward to the comparison - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful with you is a perfect name...I really like this one.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoy baroque, it let's my imagination float back in time. I ,also, can't wait to hear the comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful background music as I watched a documentary about craftspeople. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏