WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoizikuls; Midweek Musicalisms

Last month of the year and the month in which everyone prepares themselves for the launch into a fresh 'set of twelve'... and for a great many people, it is a month of festival, be it Hanukkah, Yule, Kwanzaa, Christmas, Hogmanay... I want to see the year out as it began. In fact, back into the last week of 2022, when I introduced the following song and set up my theme for this year. I am choosing to repeat it here for the start of the festive month as it echoes so very well one famous carol but also conveys the message that is still so very pertinent. As winter sets in and war continues to wage on so many fronts I think it does no harm to remember that the majority of soldiers are just as desirous of peace as those of us sitting in our cosy safety...

5 comments:

  1. I think most of the soldiers do not want to be there, ever the ones who volunteered to join. the thing that is crazy to me, is the recent truce between Hamas and Israel they stopped bombing each other for 5 days, and them BOOM right back at it. makes no sense at all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I feel for the soldiers, I am sure they prefer peace and to be home with their families for the holidays. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear me this makes me say extra prayers for all those brave souls in harm's way.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a wonderful time of year for celebrations. Hope all is well with you. XX

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏