WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoizikul; Midweek Musicalisms

Right, kicking off the music year proper, here is the first of this month's selection for the Great Down Under Parts, that sunburnt, opal-hearted country, Australia. Yes, I am planning on taking you around the world in 47 weeks + 5 random picks. The first of the latter was last week - and I am glad you all warmed to Tico. He was so popular, in fact, that he is going to be the random feature in each of the upcoming five-week months, so you have that to look forward to! But back to today.

The didgeridoo is a truly ancient instrument and, when played well, reaches places in one's being that are primal and comforting. Respect for the instrument is shown here in a specially written piece by one of Australia's top composers, Peter Sculthorpe.

8 comments:

  1. I love the poem linked, but will always hold fast to my preference for 'green and shaded lanes'!
    Cheers, Gail (to her core, a creature of temperate and maritime environments).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The instrument is interesting, a great piece and choice for your post. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the didgeridoo and the beautiful music written for it. I read the poem while listening to the video. Bob can't hear thunder, so he could not hear the didgeridoo and the high parts hurt his ears, i listened to it with head phones.
    the author of the poem feeling for Austrailia are what I feel for Florida. it is good different people love different places and things. We have seen all of the Crocodile Dunee movies at least 3 times each and the first one 4 or 5 times. If i had a bucket list Austrailia would be on it. parts of it are much like Florida. i love hot and dry but also love green trees and lots of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OM word this is beautiful...and what a gift. I have never heard a didgeridoo play with an orchestra
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! The music reminds me of a soundtrack of 50s action adventure movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the orchestra but I'm not a fan of the didgeridoo. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏