WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menokreatikkul; Just Kept Going

The Squirrel yarn from the Far East had proven well worth the purchase. The advancements in synthetic fibres, it has to be admitted, have been many and that I found this product such fun to work with and now to wear says a lot. There's a part of me that curls up a bit inside at finding myself so enamoured by an item of petrochemical base, but after a bit of digging (well, considerable pile-driving the web to track it back) it turns out this particular yarn is made with rPET (i.e. recycled poly). The guilt was a little bit salved. 

Anyway, as I have teased in earlier posts, I started what I thought was to be a swatch just to experience the workability... but it just kept going! Although not silk, it did work with the smoothness and glide of silk. Although not wool, it has spring and pliability with excellent stitch definition (despite the 'bright' halo part of the fibre).





Again, the colour here isn't as accurate as it could be - the yellow's okay, but the blue is actually more 'petrol' or dark teal. Is it a perfect garment? No, of course not, I was just letting the stitches run off by themselves. Once I started counting and got a proper formulation of where I wanted the fabric to go, it required a little bit of nudge and wink, but overall I am quite content with the outcome and have plenty of yarn left to play with! 

And that was just one item from the bag of goodies. You've seen the cotton sock yarn. There are several balls of Merino/acrylic blends in fingering and light DK weight. which I think will be the next project... thinking of something sort of lacey, with some more socks in between just for quick gratification.

Now, as you read, I am hopefully on the road in The Grey once again. You'll have reports in due course - it takes a wee while to gather stuff and then there's the processing and wifi-links to factor in. You may find me a bit less frequent in my comments on your own blogs for a week or so until I get back into the groove again. Hooroo!


16 comments:

  1. My two favorite colors. Looks cozy for a trip in The Gray. Looking forward to reports from the travels. namaste, janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd proudly wear that outfit anywhere. Happy Greyling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's quite a sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent 'solidarity with Ukraine' outfit.
    All the best for the road trip. Nobby and I are very much looking forward to seeing you in Aberdeen!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it has something special... the colors for a king or queen...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wishing you safe travels and good weather and a lot of fun and nice people along the way. I love the blue color even if it is really teal. Enjoy your gadabout times..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it and it has pockets! Enjoy your Grey adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    I love the colors in both your hat and sweater. Wishing you safe and fun travels. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous YAM I really like the yellow and blue and the pattern.
    We are so excited to hear you and The Grey are on the road. Safe and fun travel wishes.
    Looking forward to your reports and videos
    Hugs Cecilia and Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAM that and you are gorgeous! I look forward to more fun on the road!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Safe travels, look like you'll be keeping warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. On the road in style! I'm looking forward to your reports.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love your new one of a kind garments and think they turned out great. They will surely help keep you warm on your travels. We're looking forward to hearing your trip reports.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never mind the colours, you look cool in them.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏