WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menootnaboot; Final Outing With Nobby

...and Gail. I planned to leave to continue my northward trip in the afternoon of Thursday, which gave us time before lunch to pop down to Duthie Park and for my hosts to show me the rather excellent and surprisingly moving monument to a medical pioneer.





There was even a QR code that caused the phone to ring, and one found oneself listening to a voice representing Mr MacLeod. The voice told us how he loved now to sit and watch the Aberdeen folk enjoying Duthie Park with their children and dogs and to feel glad that so many have benefited from the discovery of insulin and its effects.

After this, my friends went off for a longer and faster walk, and I took myself into the Winter Gardens... a taster here, and lots more tomorrow for Nature Friday!!!




Nobby clearly loves this park, and it was a joy to share just that little more time with him and his Gail. 


All too soon, the hour came to load up The Grey once again and head on up the road. It was farewell, huggies, and a wee snout kiss. I left feeling blessed to have found such good pals—and all because of blogging!!!




12 comments:

  1. I do like interactive activities, you can learn so much more. I have the same carnivorous plants on my windowsill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobby and I feel lucky to have a lovely park near our house and a lovely friend to share it with.
    Cheers! Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOBBY looks like he is giving you 4 paws up for your visit. a lovely place to wander with friends. I don't think I know anyone at all that has not had family or themselves that use insulin. I like that he sits and watches everyone enjoy his park

    ReplyDelete
  4. Banting and Best garnered most of the famed for discovering insulin, it seems. Macleod not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      There was a fourth in the team, James Collip... the path to discovery was a bit convoluted. You can read this interesting article, which explores the history... Yxx

      Delete
  5. Hello,
    What a wonderful post. A pretty park and memorial, Nobby is a cutie. The flowers are beautiful. A great outing to end your visit with your friend. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My word those flowers are vibrant. I think Gail has alerted us to the Macleod monument in some past post but the QR code thing is novel. Sorry about not being here for all posts - change is upon us and each day brings a new 'out of routine' task to deal with. I guess you know how that is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazingly beautiful park and I can surely see why Nobby who has excellent tastes enjoys all the variety.
    Very inteteresting about the Medical Pioneer...insulin. The daffies are gorgeous.
    But alas Nobby's handsomeness wins my vote today.
    Thank you and Gail for taking us
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful park. We never knew that part of the history of the discovery of insulin. It sure looks like you all had a great time together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful park and such gorgeous photos! Is that a Pitcher Plant? I am so happy that you and Gail and Nobby got to spend time together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful visit...and blogging sure does have wonderful benefits!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Yam - what an interesting park to be introduced to, while letting us find out about the moving monument to the medicine men - I have to say til this point I was thinking of 'moving' and kept wondering what you were talking about - such is life ... then it dawned on me!! ... 'moving monument' - yes I agree - an amazing sculpture - fascinating to read up about. Delightful place - and so pleased you, Nobby and Gail had that time together ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏