WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menoturals; Nature Wins

Am posting a day early for Nature Friday, as tomorrow is First Friday Filmclub day here at DoWY. I am sharing views and a video from the Three Lochs Forest Drive, where I spent three wonderful nights/days. I also post this in memory of my dear ol' dad, who revelled in such scenery and would thrill at the knowledge of my travelling and staying in it with the van he enabled me to have. Today would have been his 88th birthday.

Loch Drunkie from the south-west end.

Loch Achray, from the east side.



These last two are of Allt a' Cham Ruidh... The Long Red Burn. I took the photos and the following video at the point marked on this map shot with an orange cross. Below it, near the start of the drive, you will see a peach-coloured cross, which marks the place where The Grey and I sat for our three days.




16 comments:

  1. Hi Yam - it looks a beautiful area ... so pleased you could recuperate there. With thoughts for your Dad, and for mine who'd have been 125 this year ... during the D-day landings ... peace for us all - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful pics, Amazing place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Just the place to recharge your own batteries
    (Although I think you'll find that the name is the Crooked Red Burn...fada means long.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your dad my dad would’ve been 111. What a gorgeous spot to spend three days so quiet so peaceful and there’s nothing better than nature and I love the fact that you realize that your dad gave you this as a gift

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beautiful scenes and happy birthday to your Dad. He would be very happy for you!
    Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the calming and beautiful video and Happy Birthday to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So utterly beautiful. This surely is the true Scotland. I remember seeing plantations of Sitka Spruce and it was sad to see that kind of commercial imposition on the highland landscape. If I understand well there is an incipient movement towards restoring some of the ravaged landscape - and this could be their model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari Om
      Mmm, there is such a movement, David, but not here. This is mostly farmed forest of pine, because we do still require timber. It's well kept, though, and there are a few natives among them. Particularly along the banks of the burns. Yxx

      Delete
  8. Beautiful captures of a wonderful drive to celebrate your dad's birthday memory!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely part of the world, YAM! I am glad you are back on the road. XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAM I am so happy that you have the GREY too. I believe you inherited Dad's sense of adventure and wanderlust for what the great big world has to offer. Happy 88th Bday in heaven
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very serene and a beautiful area to spend time reflecting and think about your father.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful scenery. We can understand why you would want to stay there for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Weirdness of weirdness you seem to have disappeared off my reading list and I only found this in the links of Rosie's blog hop. Clearly you are mended (or mended enough) and once again making the most of Highland beauty. I know what you mean about the gifts that our parents gave us - that weren't wrapped in gaudy paper. Glad to know that you are experiencing their restorative powers.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏